The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Accommodation

what student accommodation should I apply for at Trinity College Dublin? Any recommendations for 1st year undergrads?
Hi! I've applied to start in 2020, and Trinity Hall is definitely where you want to apply, it's the most affordable of the tcd accommodation options as well as being the main block of accommodation. It has the largest set of support staff for international students as well, so you can settle in better. It's also in a nice location in the southside, and the rooms are pretty nice and very light (much better than things I've seen in universities in the U.K.).

If you're applying for next year, I can answer lots of your questions if you want!
Original post by Slash_bae
Hi! I've applied to start in 2020, and Trinity Hall is definitely where you want to apply, it's the most affordable of the tcd accommodation options as well as being the main block of accommodation. It has the largest set of support staff for international students as well, so you can settle in better. It's also in a nice location in the southside, and the rooms are pretty nice and very light (much better than things I've seen in universities in the U.K.).

If you're applying for next year, I can answer lots of your questions if you want!

thank you so much this is so helpful! do you know what happens if you don't get it/when you find out if you've got it? are u applying from the UK too?
Hey, did you apply for Trinity Hall? I'm trying to apply now, even though I know it's a bit of a risk as the applications closed last month and I'll have to wait the Round 1 offer date ( I think so anyway). The reason I'm asking is that I have a question about the application. The
Original post by baxteria2003
thank you so much this is so helpful! do you know what happens if you don't get it/when you find out if you've got it? are u applying from the UK too?

Normally you would find out if you have a provisional spot (as you don't have an offer until post-results) about a month ago, but rn they've delayed so that they can figure out if they need to do social distancing within the flats- I think we find out soon. I'm applying from the UK, if you have any questions- lemme know!
Original post by BridgetLuna
Hey, did you apply for Trinity Hall? I'm trying to apply now, even though I know it's a bit of a risk as the applications closed last month and I'll have to wait the Round 1 offer date ( I think so anyway). The reason I'm asking is that I have a question about the application. The

Hi, I applied for Trinity Hall- you definitely like a risk lmao, what do you want to know? X
Funny, my message above was cut off. What I was gonna ask is about the 'supporting statement' that you have to include in your application. Is it a long statement about yourself, your interests and motivation (more like a personal statement) or is it a just a brief note on any special requirements (if you have any) and your hobbies? I'm just confused as it says you have a maximum of 1800 characters, but I just think it odd that you would have to write such a long statement for an application for student accommodation.
Original post by BridgetLuna

aww sorry babe i'm applying next year so i don't know!
Original post by Slash_bae
Normally you would find out if you have a provisional spot (as you don't have an offer until post-results) about a month ago, but rn they've delayed so that they can figure out if they need to do social distancing within the flats- I think we find out soon. I'm applying from the UK, if you have any questions- lemme know!

thanks so much this is so useful! do u know when the application for Trinity Hall opens? Where abouts u from?
Heya I've also applied to start Trinity 2020 although found out last week my application for halls was unsuccessful! Gutted and was panicking but saw you could apply for Binary and Kavangh court- any ideas what these are like and which i should apply to? Just wondering which is best for first year students
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey, I've also applied to trinity hall after the round 1 date. Do you know if we have a chance and if not where do we live?
Keep in touch with them. Anyone that has a provisional place in Trinity Hall will lose it if they don’t get a round 1 CAO place at Trinity, so places become available after the round 1 offers. Other halls are also available, such as Kavanagh. Otherwise you may have to look for a private rental.
Reply 12
hey how much is the monthly rent at trinity hall now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending