The Student Room Group

Offers of MS Finance

Hi, I am currently applying for an MSc in Finance
I have offers from Reading (Henley Business School), Trinity College Dublin, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Glasgow, Uni of Exeter, Newcastle, Durham and Bath
I am an International student and plan to work for a few years before I return to my hometown, so maybe the reputation of the business school is extremely important at this point
Any suggestions, please?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Jonathantan0112
I have offers from Reading (Henley Business School), Trinity College Dublin, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Glasgow, Uni of Exeter, Newcastle, and Durham
I am an International student and plan to work for a few years before I return to my hometown, so maybe the reputation of the business school is extremely important at this point
Any suggestions, please?

Hi @Jonathantan0112,
Great to hear you're considering Reading! Our Henley Business School is one of the top-performing institutions in the country for business, accounting and finance so you're definitely in the right hands here! :smile:

What is it exactly that you're looking for in your course - specific topics/ modules, wider university facilities, work/skills experiences, cost of living? I'd encourage you to consider all of the above to some extent, but in terms of what we offer here at Reading, there's lots of different accommodation options you can check out here, department and university- run support here, and wider student life opportunities here! You may also want to check out our fees and funding and Postgraduate events pages for a little more information.

In my time at Reading I've had the privilege of amazing professors and lecturers, great support systems, and a beautiful campus with plenty of places to study as well as plenty of social and events to attend if I want to - I'm sure if you choose to come here you'll enjoy it as much as I have!

If you have any questions about (postgraduate) life here at Reading, or anything else, please do ask!
Best Wishes,
Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student
I have offers from Reading (Henley Business School), Trinity College Dublin, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Glasgow, Uni of Exeter, Newcastle, and Durham
Any suggestions, please?

Durham's degree course is probably my favourite from the list.

However, Trinity College Dublin is probably the most renowned in Ireland, so it's not exactly slacking either.

The best uni to go for would probably be LSE due to the location, reputation of the uni, and reputation of the courses. Many of the people who work in the City come from LSE, so it's easier to network your way in.

Personal recommendation: try to network with as many people whilst you're at uni as you can; it will really help you getting jobs later on.

Just out of interest, which area of finance do you intend to work in if you don't intend to go into academia? You would not need a degree in finance to get into the UK financial sector; I am not sure about the requirements in other countries though. You instead would require the appropriate professional qualification for the specific role that you're applying for, and the qualification would likely vary depending on what role you want (in the country you want to work in).
Reply 3
Any suggestions, please?

Try Cass Business school they have a solid reputation and their MSc is marginally cheaper than most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending