The Student Room Group

RCSI vs Trinity Medicine (Ireland)

Which college is better for medicine? Personally I think RCSI looks a lot more modern and just generally nicer than Trinity, but I've heard the teaching there can be sub-par at times. I've also heard that Trinity can be disorganised at time. Is there any truth to these myths? Is it true that RCSI has no social life and the students there are all study-focused and have no banter? I live in Dublin so campus accommodation shouldn't be a factor in this comparison.
Original post by RedCaribou987
Which college is better for medicine? Personally I think RCSI looks a lot more modern and just generally nicer than Trinity, but I've heard the teaching there can be sub-par at times. I've also heard that Trinity can be disorganised at time. Is there any truth to these myths? Is it true that RCSI has no social life and the students there are all study-focused and have no banter? I live in Dublin so campus accommodation shouldn't be a factor in this comparison.

have you decided?? change of mind is open right now so I'm trying to make sure I've made the right choice.

I've heard similarly about the teaching at trinity which is why RCSI is my 1st choice right now.
My sister studies pharmacy at RCSI so I do know that there are lots of international students which can factor into your social life in terms of feeling 'excluded' but I wouldn't say the social life there is horribleee.
The other thing is as RCSI is medical sciences only that does have an effect as you are constantly surrounded with medicine. In Trinity you have lectures and things where there is a mix with people doing other things like biomed or nursing but at rcsi you see only the people on your course.
At trinity fees are cheaper so if you have to repeat and pay for a year yourself that can be an advantage.
At RCSI you get a MacBook so that's great aswell (😅)
I personally think RCSI looks really modern. I've only been to Trinity once and the buildings look a lot older however I think you get a nicer campus feel.
Reply 2
Original post by Bambi_02
have you decided?? change of mind is open right now so I'm trying to make sure I've made the right choice.

I've heard similarly about the teaching at trinity which is why RCSI is my 1st choice right now.
My sister studies pharmacy at RCSI so I do know that there are lots of international students which can factor into your social life in terms of feeling 'excluded' but I wouldn't say the social life there is horribleee.
The other thing is as RCSI is medical sciences only that does have an effect as you are constantly surrounded with medicine. In Trinity you have lectures and things where there is a mix with people doing other things like biomed or nursing but at rcsi you see only the people on your course.
At trinity fees are cheaper so if you have to repeat and pay for a year yourself that can be an advantage.
At RCSI you get a MacBook so that's great aswell (😅)
I personally think RCSI looks really modern. I've only been to Trinity once and the buildings look a lot older however I think you get a nicer campus feel.

Hi did you end up going to either of these Unis? Would love to know your thoughts on them now as I am deciding which one to put first at the moment :smile:
Original post by Laurafc
Hi did you end up going to either of these Unis? Would love to know your thoughts on them now as I am deciding which one to put first at the moment :smile:

i chose rcsi just because i was more familiar with it having been there a few times with my sister, I'm not sure how much that helps you though aha.
i'd say visit them and pick whichever you actually like the feel of cause they're both medical schools at the end of the day.
Reply 4
hey guys how are things going now are you doing well in your studies? i've heard that tcd is less practical in training ppid? How does study support at rsci feel for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending