The Student Room Group

How does Canadian grades transfer to the UK?

Hey I need to start applying soon! I am a Canadian resident, born and raised here in Alberta. I was just wondering how my grades will transfer if I was to move to the UK for uni. Would I have to take extra exams or courses? Will my transcripts still be valid?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Simv24
Hey I need to start applying soon! I am a Canadian resident, born and raised here in Alberta. I was just wondering how my grades will transfer if I was to move to the UK for uni. Would I have to take extra exams or courses? Will my transcripts still be valid?

UK unis are quite international and used to accepting applications from international students.
If you have the Ontario Secondary School Diploma , then they should state on their website what grades they require.
No you'll have the same classes as Uk students. There were many international students while I was at uni, I just finished uni. They all had the same classes and coursework etc as me and other uk students but some had to take English lessons because they weren't fluent in English and all coursework obviously has to be done in English and is the uk language which tutors will speak. College qualifications are obviously different around the world. What did you study at college? Your college qualifications should be accepted in the uk. Look at the uk websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what the requirements are for international applicants for the course you want to study. It should tell you the qualifications they accept from international applicants.
*and exams will be the same as everyone on the course.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
UK unis are quite international and used to accepting applications from international students.
If you have the Ontario Secondary School Diploma , then they should state on their website what grades they require.

ok tysm!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
No you'll have the same classes as Uk students. There were many international students while I was at uni, I just finished uni. They all had the same classes and coursework etc as me and other uk students but some had to take English lessons because they weren't fluent in English and all coursework obviously has to be done in English and is the uk language which tutors will speak. College qualifications are obviously different around the world. What did you study at college? Your college qualifications should be accepted in the uk. Look at the uk websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what the requirements are for international applicants for the course you want to study. It should tell you the qualifications they accept from international applicants.

oh ok, English is my first language so I am good there. tysm for your feedback!
Reply 6
Original post by Simv24

Hi. So, did you get to study in UK? If so which uni if you dont mind. I just applied for 2024 entry. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending