The Student Room Group

Required A level grades for the University of Toronto

Hello, I am thinking of applying to the University of Toronto in 2024 to study computer science, however I am struggling to understand what required grades I would need to get into the course I would like to.
My current predicted grades are:
A in physics
A in Maths
A in Further Maths
A in computer science
Would I be likely to get into the University? If not what grades would I require?
Also is there any advice you could offer in the process of applying to Toronto?
Reply 1
I have a friend who applied to UofT from the Middle East and is currently in his 1st year pre-med (British Curriculum school, so he did A-Levels) with AAA or maybe A*AA predicteds. He had a 1420 SAT and was given an unconditional offer. He actually went on to badly underachieve his achieved grades (BBC) but still got in so I think you should be fine with those predicteds. Though his mother did go to UofT, I’m not sure if they consider legacy status as a determining factor. I guess tips would be to get a good SAT or ACT score and submit even if your uni is test optional because it’s a clear determinant from those that didn’t do one.
Reply 2
Original post by Karlu
I have a friend who applied to UofT from the Middle East and is currently in his 1st year pre-med (British Curriculum school, so he did A-Levels) with AAA or maybe A*AA predicteds. He had a 1420 SAT and was given an unconditional offer. He actually went on to badly underachieve his achieved grades (BBC) but still got in so I think you should be fine with those predicteds. Though his mother did go to UofT, I’m not sure if they consider legacy status as a determining factor. I guess tips would be to get a good SAT or ACT score and submit even if your uni is test optional because it’s a clear determinant from those that didn’t do one. Pay for a uni essay writer if you can aswell, as they generally know exactly what to do. Hope this helps.

This has been really helpful thank you, would I be required to take a SAT test? Or is that just to receive a reduced grade? Also do they prioritise the grades you get or do your hobbies/ extracurriculars matter as well?
Reply 3
Original post by Juju_j
This has been really helpful thank you, would I be required to take a SAT test? Or is that just to receive a reduced grade? Also do they prioritise the grades you get or do your hobbies/ extracurriculars matter as well?

I’m pretty sure it was SAT test optional last year (though don’t quote me on it, I’m sure you can look up how it’s supposed to be for your cycle) but I definitely do know that my friend submitted his and that off the back of that he was given an unconditional offer. If he didn’t submit the SAT he may have got conditions on his A-Levels. A general thing I saw throughout his process was that Canadian school tend to really overvalue A-Levels vs GPA’s so even if you don’t do an SAT, I think AAAA should be more than adequate.

For ur last question, Canadian and American schools tend to like extra and super curricular studies a lot more than UK universities, so I would say they do take those into account in your common app and (if required) specific essay.
Reply 4
Original post by Juju_j
Hello, I am thinking of applying to the University of Toronto in 2024 to study computer science, however I am struggling to understand what required grades I would need to get into the course I would like to.
My current predicted grades are:
A in physics
A in Maths
A in Further Maths
A in computer science
Would I be likely to get into the University? If not what grades would I require?
Also is there any advice you could offer in the process of applying to Toronto?

Hey I’m in a similar position to you right now and have no idea what a typical offer is meant to look like. Have you received an offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending