The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin applicants 2020/2021?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jeeennnnyyym
I decided kind of late to sit the hpat. I’d say I did about a month and a half of intense prep. Hours a day and I wasn’t doing particularly amazing in the practice tests so we’ll see how that goes. I’m applying with a non science degree in hand. I’ve also applied to RCSI and NUIG. What about you?

I’m from Ireland so I’m familiar with the system but not in a mature student context so hopefully that doesn’t work against me. I do regret not applying for dental science but I just don’t know if it was right for me tbh. Do they have any assessments to sub for the HPAT?

Even more confusingly I found this on the admissions policy document for NUIG:

Please note that Mature Entry is not the same as graduate entry. If you hold an
undergraduate degree or equivalent, you may still apply, provided you meet all
criteria, and on the grounds of mature age and meeting EU residential requirements,
but you may not be eligible for free fees or other financial supports. However NUI
Galway is an undergraduate medical school, and the mature entry route is aimed at
widening diversity. Therefore candidates who qualify to apply for graduate entry
medicine elsewhere (i.e. achieving a second class honours, grade one- 2:1
undergraduate degree) are not eligible to apply to the NUI Galway Mature Entry
Route. Furthermore applicants who have a place in another medical school are not
eligible to apply for Mature Entry to Medicine at NUI Galway

This really makes no sense at all unless they mean if your degree result is NOT 2:1 and above AND you have the other entry requirements, you are eligible to apply? In any case as per the previous correspondence, I chose not to proceed with the application and indeed with Medicine and focused on Dentistry at TCD and UCC. Strangely enough Dentistry doesn't ask for any other admissions tests as far as I am aware.

I hope to apply next year with a GAMSAT in hand but I would really love to go to TCD even with the extra year. I do worry it might be a far more intense academic environment given the school leavers are admitted on grades and HPAT scores alone hence only the very very best will get in. That being said I have experience of intense academic environments so I shouldn't be put off. Let's see what happens.

Good luck with your applications.
Hi I’m an international applicant who just got an conditional offer for undergrad medicine from TCD today!! Also applied to UK medicine and got 4 interviews but haven’t hear back from any of them yet, still have 1 more interview for Bucks.
Original post by bubbleteamaniac
Hi I’m an international applicant who just got an conditional offer for undergrad medicine from TCD today!! Also applied to UK medicine and got 4 interviews but haven’t hear back from any of them yet, still have 1 more interview for Bucks.

When did they invite you for the interview?
Where are you from?
Did you do the IB? Could you tell us your stats pls
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
When did they invite you for the interview?
Where are you from?
Did you do the IB? Could you tell us your stats pls
Thanks

Hi, I'm Taiwanese but currently attending a school in Thailand. I applied near the 15 Jan deadline through IUMC, got interviewed on 18 Feb (they gave me 1 week notice prior to interview). Predicted A levels A*A*A for Math, Chem, Bio. IGCSE 1A*4A1B. IELTS prerequisite passed. I hope that helps :smile:

Oh my gosh! Congrats to you bubbleteamaniac! Well done on getting your offer. Where are you hoping to go?
Original post by Jeeennnnyyym
Oh my gosh! Congrats to you bubbleteamaniac! Well done on getting your offer. Where are you hoping to go?

Thanks! I'm not sure yet but I hope I will hear back from 2 more unis I applied to around these 2 weeks. It's my top choice alongside an UK uni. But I think my mind is in Dublin now😂🥰
Thanks! I'm not sure yet but I hope I will hear back from 2 more unis I applied to around these 2 weeks. It's my top choice alongside an UK uni. But I think my mind is in Dublin now😂🥰

Many congratulations!

Congrats!!! I have just gotten a conditional offer from TCD too today. I feel so relieved, it's my first offer. Do you know if there are any groups for offer holders?

Out of curiosity, are you awaiting NTU's response? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable! Curious because my cousin studied there, hahaha.
Hi, I'm Taiwanese but currently attending a school in Thailand. I applied near the 15 Jan deadline through IUMC, got interviewed on 18 Feb (they gave me 1 week notice prior to interview). Predicted A levels A*A*A for Math, Chem, Bio. IGCSE 1A*4A1B. IELTS prerequisite passed. I hope that helps :smile:

Whoops! I'm really sorry for the duplicative response, hahaha. I just checked my notifications and realised that you've replied to me on another thread.
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats!!! I have just gotten a conditional offer from TCD too today. I feel so relieved, it's my first offer. Do you know if there are any groups for offer holders?

Out of curiosity, are you awaiting NTU's response? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable! Curious because my cousin studied there, hahaha.

You meant NTU from Taiwan? I didn’t apply there as I don’t belong to the oversea Taiwanese category so they will ask me to sit the university entrance exam. (Kind of like the exam we sit at the end of A level or IB) But I’m unable to go back now and I studied a completely different curriculum in another language. (A-level)

Btw, are you going to firm TCD?
You meant NTU from Taiwan? I didn’t apply there as I don’t belong to the oversea Taiwanese category so they will ask me to sit the university entrance exam. (Kind of like the exam we sit at the end of A level or IB) But I’m unable to go back now and I studied a completely different curriculum in another language. (A-level)

Btw, are you going to firm TCD?

I see, ah that sounds like a bummer!

I'm waiting on my top choice uni to reply with their final decision before I firm TCD. :smile: I might just end up firming TCD beforehand if the other uni doesn't reply on time! What about you?
I think I am going to firm TCD. Because after considering various factors I'm more inclined toward the city and the school, but I will wait a few days to firm.
Reply 52
Do you guys know if they've finished sending out interviews? I'm still really hopeful on TCD as thats my top, but still havent heard back from them. Any ideas? Also, I'm international.
ive applied to the lir! which is the drama school that’s a part of TCD :smile:
Original post by mpotvar
Do you guys know if they've finished sending out interviews? I'm still really hopeful on TCD as thats my top, but still havent heard back from them. Any ideas? Also, I'm international.

What i gathered from the thread is that if u applied feom iumc singapore, there is a separate timeline. Which country are you from?
Reply 55
I'm living in Dubai, UAE and so just applied via their website as there isn't a specific portal to apply through like iumc.
Original post by mpotvar
I'm living in Dubai, UAE and so just applied via their website as there isn't a specific portal to apply through like iumc.

I see. But anyway, i guess it's still early days. All the best to u
Anyone in waiting list for TCD med?
Original post by Mimi1234
Anyone in waiting list for TCD med?

How would one know if they are in the waitlist?
Original post by ongong0170
How would one know if they are in the waitlist?

Official letter from TCD :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending