The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin applicants 2020/2021?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mimi1234
Official letter from TCD :frown:

I guess it's not an outright rejection yet. Perhaps you will get other offers.
Original post by ongong0170
I guess it's not an outright rejection yet. Perhaps you will get other offers.

I hope so...That is my only hope
Original post by Mimi1234
I hope so...That is my only hope

If you don't mind me asking which other unis u have applied to and which country are you from?
Original post by ongong0170
If you don't mind me asking which other unis u have applied to and which country are you from?

UCC
for medicine applicants, did you get an interview?
Hi everyone, I got an offer at TCD and firmed. I am so excited! Is there an offer holders page for TCD medicine?
Is anyone still waiting for an interview invite? I'm so worried
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone heard back from UCC or TCD re interviews for Dentistry? I've applied for mature entry and am a home student,

Thanks
How do you know if your on waitlist?
Hello there. I am considering appl for a postgraduate program in TCD for 2022. Do you know whether it is too competitive? I want to see if there is anything I can do to get better chances.
Original post by huech3277
Hi everyone, I got an offer at TCD and firmed. I am so excited! Is there an offer holders page for TCD medicine?

Congrats!! What was the interview like?
Reply 71
Does anyone know anything about applying to Trinity College Dublin?
Reply 72
I have just been rejected from 4 medical schools. I am predicted 3A*s and have an A* EPQ. Am I right in thinking I can still submit a late application to Trinity by May 1st? Many thanks for any help or advice
Original post by Cat2003
Does anyone know anything about applying to Trinity College Dublin?

Where from and for what course?
Original post by Cat2003
I have just been rejected from 4 medical schools. I am predicted 3A*s and have an A* EPQ. Am I right in thinking I can still submit a late application to Trinity by May 1st? Many thanks for any help or advice

Sorry, just saw this. For entry to Trinity’s medicine course you’d also need to sit the HPAT exam to achieve the required points for entry. I don’t know if this can be done at this late date. I’d suggest contacting the TCD admissions office https://www.tcd.ie/study/contact/
Original post by Cat2003

I don’t think you can as you need to sit the HPAT exam which is not done at this time of the year, and Trinity has already done/ is doing interviews right now.
Hey guys. Long post aHead. Not sure if it’s the right thread but I figured u guys would be the most appropriate to help.

I am an international, non EU student who just got a conditional offer for Trinity College Dublin (Ireland) for 2021 entry in undergraduate medicine. However, in the offer, and from some conversation with alumini, I discovered that it’s quite difficult for international students to get internship opportunities at Ireland.

Can someone guide me to really understand how difficult it is for Ireland internship for medicine as international student? I am not able to find any statistics of how many international reservations there are or even possible for us to get internship at all
If I I am unable to get internship at Ireland after finishing my undergraduate, I plan to try to enter UK or USA and try to work there or try for internship there (foundation year in Uk not sure about USA) Does anyone know much about the process and how difficult it will be? By difficulty I mean how much prep will I need, and how much is expected of me
Last but definitely not least, my main priority was to apply for UK medicine, but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful this year (poor interview performance, average UCAT and BMAT results as international student). I wanted to ask you guys do I reject the offer from ireland and instead try for UCLan or Buckingham and if I fail there too, try for gap year next year? I know competition is only gonna get tougher, especially as international student , and am quite unsure how much I can really improve in 2 months (have ib board exams until end of may)
I gotta make a decision by next 2.weeks. Any advice, websites, anecdotes anything will be really helpful. Thank you for reading this.
Original post by HolaWorld
Hey guys. Long post aHead. Not sure if it’s the right thread but I figured u guys would be the most appropriate to help.

I am an international, non EU student who just got a conditional offer for Trinity College Dublin (Ireland) for 2021 entry in undergraduate medicine. However, in the offer, and from some conversation with alumini, I discovered that it’s quite difficult for international students to get internship opportunities at Ireland.

Can someone guide me to really understand how difficult it is for Ireland internship for medicine as international student? I am not able to find any statistics of how many international reservations there are or even possible for us to get internship at all
If I I am unable to get internship at Ireland after finishing my undergraduate, I plan to try to enter UK or USA and try to work there or try for internship there (foundation year in Uk not sure about USA) Does anyone know much about the process and how difficult it will be? By difficulty I mean how much prep will I need, and how much is expected of me
Last but definitely not least, my main priority was to apply for UK medicine, but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful this year (poor interview performance, average UCAT and BMAT results as international student). I wanted to ask you guys do I reject the offer from ireland and instead try for UCLan or Buckingham and if I fail there too, try for gap year next year? I know competition is only gonna get tougher, especially as international student , and am quite unsure how much I can really improve in 2 months (have ib board exams until end of may)
I gotta make a decision by next 2.weeks. Any advice, websites, anecdotes anything will be really helpful. Thank you for reading this.

Hey there! Sorry I know this doesn’t answer your question but would you be able to explain to me how your interview with Trinity went please?
Reply 78
Hi, a big congrats on TCD's conditional offer. What are the conditions to be in? I understand that getting into med is super competitive in UK and Ireland. So, I feel that you should seriously consider accepting TCD and worry about intern later. You know what? You may not even get a place next year if you let this whizzes by. Loads of people out there waiting for offer. All the best!
Reply 79
Original post by HolaWorld

Hi first year med student in trinity, I don’t know too much about this but I’ve heard that intern jobs can be quite difficult because they prioritise Irish and EU students over internationals so a lot of international students graduate, then do their internship back home. Sorry couldn’t be more helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending