The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8462/2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeah I also got solvent and detergent, and that making sure no light sources would affect it. Did you guys put repeatability over reproducibility? If memory serves, I remember the former is for the same person, and the latter is for others conducting the same experiment
Original post by nimrodpaz
I went with glass - I mentioned that the fact the polymer is single-use means you almost should multiply its energy usages by 25 to get a fair comparison, which I thought was pretty smart, and obviously using crude oil is baddddd :smile:

ah i was in a rush and didnt think of the x25 thing so i j said that crude oil means that nothing goes to waste and you can recycle and **** and omg noo 😭😭
Original post by mjordan1111
Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what did everyone put for the very first question - why is poly(butene) removed from copper wire? I said to ensure the copper is pure?

I didn’t really know but I just said because the poly(butene) was not recyclable.
Original post by yumyum112358
ah i was in a rush and didnt think of the x25 thing so i j said that crude oil means that nothing goes to waste and you can recycle and **** and omg noo 😭😭

relax the x25 isn't a fact you had to include at all, I just thought it was a good comparison point - however, they are both recycled so idk
Reply 84
Oh yeah I also got solvent and detergent, and that making sure no light sources would affect it. Did you guys put repeatability over reproducibility? If memory serves, I remember the former is for the same person, and the latter is for others conducting the same experiment

I'm pretty sure it's reproducibility
Original post by mjordan1111
Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what did everyone put for the very first question - why is poly(butene) removed from copper wire? I said to ensure the copper is pure?

I said that the insulator is made from a different material (likely plastic) so it would have to be recycled in a different way
Original post by lm77x
For the question asking what type of reaction it was, would thermal decomposition be acceptable?

I said that
Original post by Bxrn3r
I'm pretty sure it's reproducibility

Ah, just looked it up and it seems I'm right - repeatability is for the same person, and reproducibility is across different people - I did go with repeatability because of how much the question stressed that it was the SAME student, so yeah
What was the 5 marker tangent question?!? I got 2.16969... x 10^-6... yeah that’s defo wrong
Original post by المنچستري
I said that

I put "Thermal decomposition, which is an example of an endothermic reaction", to cover all bases
I was trying to find the question on NPK fertilisers, it wasn’t even on it!
Original post by A233m
Anyone get 1:8 for last qs 16 for yh mass I think.like 1.23*10-3 or somet for the 5 marker in rates cuz I found perfect change and timed by the moles

I got 1:4
What was the 5 marker tangent question?!? I got 2.16969... x 10^-6... yeah that’s defo wrong

Close though... me and this other guy both got 6.2x10^-5, which is also what one of my friends, got, so I think something close to that would be right... think you're about a factor of ten off though unfortunately, but from your answer it seems you could have got method marks
Original post by Ali_1215
I got 1:4

same - didn't seem like three marks, right?

I got around the same answer, something on the lines of 0.00002...
I was trying to find the question on NPK fertilisers, it wasn’t even on it!

I know, really frustrating, especially considering the amount of time it took to memorise it all... Oh well.
Close though... me and this other guy both got 6.2x10^-5, which is also what one of my friends, got, so I think something close to that would be right... think you're about a factor of ten off though unfortunately, but from your answer it seems you could have got method marks

I actually got that at first lol, crossed it out

I got 5.48 ×10^-5
Reply 98
Did anyone get 0.740 for a question?
I actually got that at first lol, crossed it out

no way lmao, what did you do differently for your actual answer if you remember?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending