The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Internet Speeds

Hi How's the internet speeds? like in mbps etc?
Original post by Anonymous

1094Mbps, and that's in the sticks.

God bless FTTP :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

In the university, it should be excellent.

in private student accommodation, it will depend on whatever package you buy. But assuming your in somewhere relatively urban you’ll almost certainly have “ultra-fast” fibre, probably 60+ mbps over a normal wifi router and decent package, although it will vary obviously vary on housing wtc.
Original post by Reality Check
1094Mbps, and that's in the sticks.

God bless FTTP :smile:

wdym by in the sticks? im going NCC i hope its good there :biggrin:

1094 mbps???? thats insane lmao i live in a really rural area rn and im hoping it should be fast because i get like 10mbps rn

I'm assuming you're talking about student halls? I've just asked and been assured it's "super fast" - someone is going to try and get me an official answer in mbps. However, I've been told it's the same network we have on campus, and my laptop (on a wired connection) is currently reporting download speeds in excess of 600mbps, while my phone on the wireless network is showing 178 mbps, if that helps!

I'll report back when I get the official answer.

Eleanor
UoA Enquiry Team
Hello!

Official answer is that as it's a shared wifi connection, it depends on the device, how close you are to a wireless access point, and what others are doing on the wifi at the same time, so anything from 5-500Mbps!

I'm told we don't get many IT tickets in about speed issues nowadays, so they are confident most people are happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending