The Student Room Group

I've been scammed

Hey guys so I applied for a call centre job with a company called Novacroft.
Then a guy from the company called me saying that he wants to interview me for the job but he wanted me to send him my documents like my ID, NI, proof of address, laptop information and internet speed.
I didn't think that they were allowed to ask for that before iv been offered the job so I didn't send it at first .
But then he texted me the next day asking for it and said that wouldn't do the interview without it so I sent it cos m desperate for a job.
Anyway I had the interview today over a video call but the guy was sitting on his sofa and he didn't look very professional and he kept yawning and was watching tv while I was doing the interview.
Also he just asked me where am I based and got me to share my screen and do an internet speed test and wanted to see my laptop info. He then rejected me cos said that my internet speed is too slow and said that he'd delete my documents.
But m still worried that it's a scam and that he's gonna steal my identity and get into my bank account.
I did try calling the company after but they didn't answer and I emailed them too but they haven't replied to that either.
So what else can I do now??
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Then a guy from the company called me saying that he wants to interview me for the job but he wanted me to send him my documents like my ID, NI, proof of address, laptop information and internet speed.
I didn't think that they were allowed to ask for that before iv been offered the job so I didn't send it at first .
But then he texted me the next day asking for it and said that wouldn't do the interview without it so I sent it cos m desperate for a job.
Anyway I had the interview today over a video call but the guy was sitting on his sofa and he didn't look very professional and he kept yawning and was watching tv while I was doing the interview.
Also he just asked me where am I based and got me to share my screen and do an internet speed test and wanted to see my laptop info. He then rejected me cos said that my internet speed is too slow and said that he'd delete my documents.
But m still worried that it's a scam and that he's gonna steal my identity and get into my bank account.
I did try calling the company after but they didn't answer and I emailed them too but they haven't replied to that either.

Yes, it seem you have been scammed. The interview was not professional at all. Do you live in the UK, have the right to work in the UK? That is the only reason I could think of asking for before.
You send your ID, NI, proof of address
IMG_5284.jpeg
See: https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/people/northampton-fraudster-scammed-london-commuters-by-cancelling-oyster-cards-and-pocketing-refunds-944156
‘James Service had access to thousands of customers' personal details while working as a customer service advisor at Novacroft, in Northampton’

When he shared your screen and tested internet speed, are you sure he didnt do anything else on your laptop?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by cherlloydfan1

Which novacraft did you apply to?
https://companycheck.co.uk/search?term=Novacroft

Quick Reply

Latest