The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

keele university internet access

hi, i was wondering how access to the internet is handled at keele?i was looking on the web page and they seem to use eduroam which is not something i am familiar with. Also i was wondering about the WIFI vs Ethernet capabilities of the halls.Thank you!
Hi
I didn’t go to Keele but to LSBU which used eduroam too. It was the Internet we used across both halls and university buildings and on campus too. Just logged in using student email and password.

Eduroam is pretty good and simple to use!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Chaz_Beale
hi, i was wondering how access to the internet is handled at keele?i was looking on the web page and they seem to use eduroam which is not something i am familiar with. Also i was wondering about the WIFI vs Ethernet capabilities of the halls.Thank you!

Hi there!

I’m a student at Keele and have been since 2016! It’s always been Eduroam that i’ve used and i’ve never had any problems with access or the speed! The only thing was sometimes my phone automatically connected to the visitor wifi so I just had to re log in with my Keele account every now and again! The connection all over campus was fab. You could even sit out in Keele hall gardens and you’d have great connection to get your work done ect!
Original post by Chaz_Beale

Hi!

As @Keele Student Ambassador has said, eduroam is the main way of accessing the internet at Keele - it's a secure wireless internet connection and you just need your Keele login (email address and password, which you'll get given when you enrol) in order to connect to it and set up any devices.

Quite a lot of other institutions use eduroam too and the great thing is you can access those connections using your Keele login too - great if you're visiting libraries or other institutions!

I'm a PG student at Keele and I've never had any problem connecting my laptop or my phone to eduroam - the only device I have that doesn't like it is my Nintendo Switch (although, as I don't live on campus, I've not really tried too hard to connect that - IT could probably sort if I asked them!). Connection has always been stable for me and I've been able to stream video, download podcasts, and work without any issues. Also, the IT Service Desk team are really helpful - any problems with connections and they can usually sort it pretty quickly!

Amy :smile:
Reply 4
i downloaded an app called geteduroam on my android device and logged in with my email/username and password if your username doesnt work then use your email

Quick Reply

Latest