The Student Room Group

Caucasus International University

Scroll to see replies

Hi, are you referring to Caucasus International University or Caucasus University?

Original post by Hdgsbehdh
Hi, have you spoken to anyone who is already studying there about what it is like. Thinking of applying for medicine there.

Hi, are you referring to Caucasus International University or Caucasus University?
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous

I didn't know there were 2 separate ones. What's the difference? Do they both offer medicine in English? Which one is more popular? Which one are you going to. Just trying to gain as much info as possible so whatever you can share will be helpful, thanks.
I didn't know there were 2 separate ones. What's the difference? Do they both offer medicine in English? Which one is more popular? Which one are you going to. Just trying to gain as much info as possible so whatever you can share will be helpful, thanks.

Yes, they are 2 different medical schools that offer medicine in English as far as I know. I'm not sure what the differences are - best to research it yourself. I'm starting at Caucasus International University in October. I still wonder if I made the right decision as I was accepted to a few medical schools in Tbilisi - guess I'll have to wait and see.
Reply 23
Yes, they are 2 different medical schools that offer medicine in English as far as I know. I'm not sure what the differences are - best to research it yourself. I'm starting at Caucasus International University in October. I still wonder if I made the right decision as I was accepted to a few medical schools in Tbilisi - guess I'll have to wait and see.

Have you spoken to anyone who is currently there?
Have you spoken to anyone who is currently there?

Yes, I am. They are all happy there. Some in third year, fourth year and final year. No issues - I think the medical schools in Tbilisi are very similar. All have pros and cons. There's alot of transfer students as well.
Reply 25
Yes, I am. They are all happy there. Some in third year, fourth year and final year. No issues - I think the medical schools in Tbilisi are very similar. All have pros and cons. There's alot of transfer students as well.

How did you contact them? Are any of them on this platform I could speak to? Thanks
How did you contact them? Are any of them on this platform I could speak to? Thanks

Don't think they on this platform.
We normally chat via Facebook messenger or WhatsApp. You can also check Facebook groups - that's how met them.
Reply 27
Moderation reminder:

For your own safety and that of others, please do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Please keep all posts within our Community Guidelines

If you have any questions please come along to the Ask the Community staff forum and we would be happy to help 😊

Thanks,
Wilykit
Reply 28
Hey, this uni is on the list of Gmc so going there will put you at the risk of being rejected by GMC so why are you guys still willing to go there?
Reply 29
I heard the GMC arent accepting transfers or graduate entry programmes, the full 6 years has to be completed?
Original post by trstsr
I heard the GMC arent accepting transfers or graduate entry programmes, the full 6 years has to be completed?

Yes, I heard that too. I'm starting from first year so that doesn't apply to me.
Original post by Shamim khan
Hi anyone going to study medicine in university of caucasus Georgia

I originally applied to ciu but I’m now applying to Bulgaria

Ciu is definitely in terms of other Tbilisi medical schools as someone I know who’s there has told me that they’re in talks with the gmc and that after 2024 it’ll be a-credited so studying at Caucasus International University as a UK student is no problem.
This univeristy is on the grey list of gmc so going there might be a bad decision as there are chances of rejection by gmc and then you won't be able to work in the UK legally.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Richardrrr

There are 2 universities, CIU is on the maybe list. Caucasus university is not on the maybe list nor is it on the "not accepted" list.
There are 2 universities, CIU is on the maybe list. Caucasus university is not on the maybe list nor is it on the "not accepted" list.

You should look again the university is on the gmc grey list and therefore " still a bad decision" to go there
Reply 37
Original post by Richardrrr
You should look again the university is on the gmc grey list and therefore " still a bad decision" to go there

I checked the gmc just list now.
May accepted list:
1. Alte University School of Medicine
2. Caucasus International University School of Medicine
3. European University Tbilisi (for students who began their study from 2019 onwards)
4. Georgian National University SEU Faculty of Medicine
5. New Vision University

Not accepted list:
1. New Vision University (graduates who have completed the medical qualification in less than six years)
2. European University Tbilisi (for students who started study before 2019)

Caucasus university school of medicine and healthcare management (aka caucasus university) is in the world directory of medical schools. It is not on the "May accept" or "not accepted" list.

If I am incorrect please let me know. Thanks
I checked the gmc just list now.
May accepted list:
1. Alte University School of Medicine
2. Caucasus International University School of Medicine
3. European University Tbilisi (for students who began their study from 2019 onwards)
4. Georgian National University SEU Faculty of Medicine
5. New Vision University

Not accepted list:
1. New Vision University (graduates who have completed the medical qualification in less than six years)
2. European University Tbilisi (for students who started study before 2019)

Caucasus university school of medicine and healthcare management (aka caucasus university) is in the world directory of medical schools. It is not on the "May accept" or "not accepted" list.

If I am incorrect please let me know. Thanks

I am sure that this thread is about the one that is on the grey list because of its relavence with Medlinks agency and not the one you are mentionaing below.
Reply 39
Hey! I'm going to study medicine at CIU starting this term (October 30th). Currently looking for an accomodation. Anyone in the same boat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending