The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hello, congrats on your offer and thank you for your interest in us! Our Offer Holder Day will be taking place on the 26th of April. If you've received an offer then details about signing up will have or will be sent out to you via email, so at this stage just keep an eye on your email! We do also offer campus visits where you have the option of getting a tour if you would like to visit us sooner, and you can have a look at those here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/search/results.php?within=abdn&query=campus+visit
But when the Offer Holder Day rolls around it will include campus tours as well as a lot of other activities. Hope this is helpful and let us know if you would like to talk any further about this.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Thank you so much!
I went to the open day in August but can’t wait to come back :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I have just received a biomedical science offer this afternoon!
Reply 22
Scottish applicant, just got accepted for Politics & IR. Unconditional, got AAAAC at higher :biggrin:
Just got an unconditional for IR and Legal Studies at Aberdeen! I’m a Scottish Student who achieved 5As at Higher.
Original post by AG_2005
Just got an unconditional for IR and Legal Studies at Aberdeen! I’m a Scottish Student who achieved 5As at Higher.

Congratulations on the offer! Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? Waiting to hear for IR and sociology and getting nervous
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Maisy25543
Congratulations on the offer! Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application? Waiting to hear for IR and sociology and getting nervous

I submitted it on the 5th of December and just received the offer in the 21st.
UCAS Applications for September 2023

At this point we know a lot of you will be looking to submit your applications before the 25th January for starting university in September 2023, and we would like to provide some resources to help!

This is our thread dedicated to applications for September 2023, so you can post here to talk to other applicants and get some answers cto questions you might have.

Here is a link to our page on UCAS where you can have a look at our full profile: https://www.ucas.com/explore/unis/3a023828/university-of-aberdeen?studyYear=current
We have a page on our website with a series of guides on choosing your degree, applying, and other parts of the process: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/information-guides-1509.php?utm_source=tsr&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=Compare&utm_content=profile
There is also a page of frequently asked questions on the UCAS website which may be useful: https://www.ucas.com/search/frequently-asked-questions

If you have any questions that these links don’t answer, then please get in contact! You can either message us here on The Student Room, email [email protected], or call us 01224 272090.

The University will be closed over the Christmas break, but we will be back on Wednesday 4th January and happy to help you with your questions when we return. Season’s Greetings from all of us at the University of Aberdeen, and good luck with your applications!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Hi all, this is the official thread for anyone who is interested in applying to the University of Aberdeen to start their studies September 2023.

For questions about the application process, information about the University, and to chat to other prospective students then you've come to the right place! This chat will be monitored by the enquiry team for incoming students including myself, and we can help with a variety of questions and provide you some more contact details if you need them. Looking forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hii Matthew
I have applied for MSc Medical Physics on 10th December and still waiting for response. I have already received acceptance from other university and they have deadline to pay fees to secure seat. Can you please tell me about timeline?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hii Matthew
I have applied for MSc Medical Physics on 10th December and still waiting for response. I have already received acceptance from other university and they have deadline to pay fees to secure seat. Can you please tell me about timeline?
Thanks

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. If your application was for September intake then we won't have quite gotten to processing it yet as our admissions office are busy wrapping up applications for January at this stage. We really can't confirm a timeline at this point, but it likely won't be until after January that you would receive a response. Sorry we can't give any more information but hope this is helpful to know! If you do have any concerns or other reasons for needing a response soon then you can contact [email protected] who may be able to look at your case.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 29
I got an unconditional offer for History and Archaeology yesterday! Scottish student applying after school :smile:
My daughter got an offer for Psychology and Counselling skills yesterday!
Hi all, this is the official thread for anyone who is interested in applying to the University of Aberdeen to start their studies September 2023.

For questions about the application process, information about the University, and to chat to other prospective students then you've come to the right place! This chat will be monitored by the enquiry team for incoming students including myself, and we can help with a variety of questions and provide you some more contact details if you need them. Looking forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hi Matthew,
I sent in an application for Doctoral study near the end of November, for start date in September and was just wondering if you knew the timeline of when I might hear back? I know they've gathered my references as my two referees let me know, but we're getting closer to grant funding deadlines and I need to know if it'll even be possible for me to apply to some as most require me to have an offer/place.
I'm very aware its the height of UG application season, but as I said, its also the height of PGR season too!
Thanks
Original post by Jewelzela
Hi Matthew,
I sent in an application for Doctoral study near the end of November, for start date in September and was just wondering if you knew the timeline of when I might hear back? I know they've gathered my references as my two referees let me know, but we're getting closer to grant funding deadlines and I need to know if it'll even be possible for me to apply to some as most require me to have an offer/place.
I'm very aware its the height of UG application season, but as I said, its also the height of PGR season too!
Thanks

Hello Jewelzela,

Unfortunately we do not have a specific timeline for hearing back as applications can take different times to process based on a variety of reasons. However, if you have a funding deadline like you mentioned please e-mail [email protected] with your applicant ID stating that you have a funding deadline you need an offer for and they will do their best to process everything in time for you!

I hope this was helpful but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Natalia
Hi, does anyone know if Aberdeen accepts Access courses from England? I know they have SWAP for Scottish students, but I couldn't see anything about the rest of the UK. I emailed the university but haven't heard anything back. Thank you.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

how often do widening access students get offers meeting the adjusted grades BB i’m sitting at BBC in higher and in s6 i’m doing advanced higher predicted CD and an extra higher predicted A is an offer likely for psychology
Original post by MahBubble
Hi, does anyone know if Aberdeen accepts Access courses from England? I know they have SWAP for Scottish students, but I couldn't see anything about the rest of the UK. I emailed the university but haven't heard anything back. Thank you.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the delay you've had in receiving a response! The best people to contact about this would be our Access team who you can contact by shooting [email protected] an email. I also cannot find any details on this on our website but I imagine this is because it's a complicated issue that's best to discuss with them directly.

Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by Anonymous
how often do widening access students get offers meeting the adjusted grades BB i’m sitting at BBC in higher and in s6 i’m doing advanced higher predicted CD and an extra higher predicted A is an offer likely for psychology

I'm really not sure of the statistics for students being admitted, but I would say that we certainly take into account predicted grades. If you'd like some more confirmation on your specific case I would say that you can contact our admissions office by emailing [email protected] for some more details.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Hi! I received an offer yesterday for philosophy and the offer came with alternative conditions.
However I am only able to meet the alternative offer conditions because the initial conditions require me to achieve 2 BTECs and 1 A Level, and I study 1 BTEC and 2 A Levels.
Does the alternative offer hold the same value? or do I have to email? Why would they give me an offer requiring me to achieve a grade in a course I don’t study?
Original post by 444paige
Hi! I received an offer yesterday for philosophy and the offer came with alternative conditions.
However I am only able to meet the alternative offer conditions because the initial conditions require me to achieve 2 BTECs and 1 A Level, and I study 1 BTEC and 2 A Levels.
Does the alternative offer hold the same value? or do I have to email? Why would they give me an offer requiring me to achieve a grade in a course I don’t study?

Hi, yes I wouldn't be able to comment on what your offer is asking you for here unfortunately. I would say replying to our admissions office by emailing [email protected] would be the best thing to do as they will be able to properly explain what conditions they are looking for from you. Sorry I'm not able to help any further but they will be, and let us know if you have anything else we can help with!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Got an unconditional for History & Politics, got AAAB at Higher :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending