The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just wondering how long it takes to hear an offer back from the law admissions office?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I just got an offer for biology :smile:
Original post by connor120
Hey, just wondering how long it takes to hear an offer back from the law admissions office?

Hi! At this point we really can't say exactly how long an offer will take as the UCAS deadline just passed a couple of weeks ago, but please know that if you've submitted your application we'll be working to get you an application as soon as possible. If you're particularly concerned and would like an update give us a direct message but please know it's very normal to not have heard back quite yet.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
When do you apply for Aberdeen accommodation if you have firmed an unconditional? (for 2023 entry, undergraduate)
(edited 1 year ago)
If you are an undergraduate applicant who has firmly accepted a conditional offer (CF) to study, you can note an interest in accommodation by clicking the "apply online" below. Once you have an unconditional offer (UF) to study at the University, you will be sent an email inviting you to complete the application form with your choices of accommodation.

Taken from website
Original post by Anonymous
If you are an undergraduate applicant who has firmly accepted a conditional offer (CF) to study, you can note an interest in

accommodation by clicking the "apply online" below. Once you have an unconditional offer (UF) to study at the University, you will be sent an email inviting you to complete the application form with your choices of accommodation.

Taken from website

Thank you! I did have a look on the website but clearly not well enough lol. I’m assuming since it’s a weekend I’ll have to wait until Monday. Thanks again!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by connor120

Hi I heard back start of February and had submitted my application at the start of December.
I applied for just Scots law so it may depend on the combination you applied for too. best of luck
How soon after firming an unconditional do you get a student ID number to book accommodation etc?
Hello,
I just submitted an application to study an LLM starting in September 2023 and I was wondering when I would roughly hear about the decision? Would it be weeks or months? Thanks!
Hi all asking questions about accommodation! For unconditional offer holders who have firmed their choice with us, we are going to look at getting student ID numbers out to you as soon as we can. Please know that until the student IDs are sent out there are no further steps to take in terms of securing accommodation and you will all be receiving them at roughly the same time.

Really hope this clarifies things and let us know if you have any questions! You can have a look at the accommodation page here so you're ready for when they get sent out: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
I am an Irish student with a conditional offer and am planning on noting interest in accommodation. I know I have to wait until I meet my conditions to actually apply for accommodation but the Irish government will only release exam results in early September. This means I would only meet my conditions in September. Will this be too late to be guaranteed accommodation?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sarah250
Hello,
I just submitted an application to study an LLM starting in September 2023 and I was wondering when I would roughly hear about the decision? Would it be weeks or months? Thanks!

Hi, at this stage we can't really say exactly how long a decision on your application would take, but it may be more than a month from the point of application. If you have any concerns about this or need an offer sooner for any reason then please send us an email so we can have it looked into for you. The best email to contact would be [email protected] so do let us know. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by sckelly
I am an Irish student with a conditional offer and am planning on noting interest in accommodation. I know I have to wait until I meet my conditions to actually apply for accommodation but the Irish government will only release exam results in early September. This means I would only meet my conditions in September. Will this be too late to be guaranteed accommodation?

Hi, thanks for getting in contact as we know this is a worrying issue for Irish students. We would say that if you are interested in making us your firm choice then you should note an interest so that our Accommodation Team are aware that you would be looking for accommodation with us. Beyond this there aren't more steps to take until meet your conditions, but please know that there will be other students in the same situation as you. You can email [email protected] for more information if you're still concerned.

Sorry that I cannot help anymore here. At this stage though there is nothing stopping you having a look at different accommodation options in the city so you know what you would like to note your interest in. You can have a look at this page here for more info: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/

Hope that this was helpful, and let us know if you have more questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi all, this is the official thread for anyone who is interested in applying to the University of Aberdeen to start their studies September 2023.

For questions about the application process, information about the University, and to chat to other prospective students then you've come to the right place! This chat will be monitored by the enquiry team for incoming students including myself, and we can help with a variety of questions and provide you some more contact details if you need them. Looking forward to hearing from you and helping you on your journey!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hi!

I’ve applied to Aberdeen for an MSc in Person Centred Counselling, and my interview was on the 10th. I know it’s early, but I was just wondering if you could clarify when I’d hear back from you guys. I really love the course and it’s my first choice 🫶🏽
Original post by Divasridhar
Hi!

I’ve applied to Aberdeen for an MSc in Person Centred Counselling, and my interview was on the 10th. I know it’s early, but I was just wondering if you could clarify when I’d hear back from you guys. I really love the course and it’s my first choice 🫶🏽

Hello!

We are so glad to hear you want to join our University! Unfortunately there isn't a specific time frame that we have from the School of Education in regards to hearing back from interviews as the interviews do happen over a few days and sometimes over a few weeks. If you would like more information regarding this we would recommend you get in touch with whoever you have been in contact with already regarding your interview or you can reach our School of Education at [email protected] :smile:

All the best!

Natalia
Reply 55
Good morning my name is Alunamda I just to apply for a nursing course
Good morning my name is Alunamda I wish to
apply for a nursing course
Reply 57
Hi
I applied to the same programme. I'm waiting for the decision if I am invited to the interview. Can I ask you something about the interview if I go to the next round?
Original post by Divasridhar
Hi!

Original post by Caleni
Good morning my name is Alunamda I just to apply for a nursing course

Hello! Unfortunately we do not currently offer any courses in Nursing! You can view our full course list here: ww.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree-programmes/

All the Best,
Natalia
Original post by qnn
Hi
I applied to the same programme. I'm waiting for the decision if I am invited to the interview. Can I ask you something about the interview if I go to the next round?

Hi, sorry to be a buzzkill but unfortunately sharing details of interviews isn't allowed according to the Student Room's rules. We do have some advice on interviews here which might be helpful though: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/careers/resources/topics/7/view-all/

All the best with your prep and your interview!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending