The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone here has begun to hear back from the School of Education, post graduate courses? I'm still waiting and they said they would take till the end of april at the very maximum.

Thank you :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 61
Hi, I'm also applying for MSc in Person-Centered Counselling. Can I ask you something in private message? Thank you
Original post by Divasridhar
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone here has begun to hear back from the School of Education, post graduate courses? I'm still waiting and they said they would take till the end of april at the very maximum.

Hello!

Original post by qnn
Hi, I'm also applying for MSc in Person-Centered Counselling. Can I ask you something in private message? Thank you

Hi! Same here, I can't seem to private message though. My account isn't allowing me that yet. Do you mind if I respond here itself?
Reply 63
Hi, yeah, thank you :biggrin: I actually sent you a message but maybe you cannot reply.
Hi! Same here, I can't seem to private message though. My account isn't allowing me that yet. Do you mind if I respond here itself?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by qnn
Hi, yeah, thank you :biggrin: I actually sent you a message but maybe you cannot reply.

yup yup, that is the problem.
Reply 65
So I think if you dont mind, you can give me some review and advice here. Thank you!
yup yup, that is the problem.
Original post by qnn
So I think if you dont mind, you can give me some review and advice here. Thank you!

of course, yes, the interview was very quick for me. They asked a lot about my personal history to check about my readiness to practice as a counsellor, as far as I know. I'd suggest you read up about Carl Rogers, since he is the person who created the school of thought. The interviewers were also really nice, so you don't have to feel too nervous.

I hope this helps :smile: lemme know if you need anything else.
Reply 67
Thank you. So I have some ideas about what I should prepare :smile:
of course, yes, the interview was very quick for me. They asked a lot about my personal history to check about my readiness to practice as a counsellor, as far as I know. I'd suggest you read up about Carl Rogers, since he is the person who created the school of thought. The interviewers were also really nice, so you don't have to feel too nervous.

I hope this helps :smile: lemme know if you need anything else.
Original post by qnn
Thank you. So I have some ideas about what I should prepare :smile:

just make sure you know WHY PCT and what you love about rogers's theory. you will be fine :smile:
Reply 69
just make sure you know WHY PCT and what you love about rogers's theory. you will be fine :smile:

Thank you. Did you have the final decision?
Original post by qnn
Thank you. Did you have the final decision?

No, not yet :frown: they said April end. Did they say anything to you about a decision?
Reply 71
I forgot to ask when ^^"
No, not yet :frown: they said April end. Did they say anything to you about a decision?
Original post by qnn
I forgot to ask when ^^"

Haha no worries, I guess we’ll hear back when we hear back!
Upcoming Offer Holder Day

The 26th of April is your chance to see our campus come alive with our on-campus event for 2023 Offer Holders! We will have a BBQ on the lawn, entertainment, and society showcases for you to enjoy throughout the day. So not only will you get to find out more about studying at Aberdeen, but also what student life is like here!
There will be campus tours run by our student ambassadors, talks given by academics on different subject areas, talks on subjects like student finance, and the chance to have a look around our Hillhead student village accommodation: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/
There will also be stands for the different academic areas set up in our Elphinstone Hall all day for you to ask any questions you might have about studying these subjects: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/maps/view/23/

Aberdeen is easily accessible by plane, train and car, and no matter where you come from, the scenery on the way is simply spectacular. There is no parking on campus on weekdays so we would encourage you to take advantage of the great public transport links and the city’s Park & Ride facilities. Disabled parking bays are available at various locations. To use a disabled bay, you must be the owner of, and clearly display, a valid blue disabled badge. You can have a look at travel information here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/maps/travelling-to-aberdeen.php
To help prepare for your visit we also have some information about our campus and facilities on our website: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/old-aberdeen-389.php

If you are unable to attend the Offer Holder Day but would still like to visit campus then you can also book onto a campus visit with us. You will be able to get a tour round our campus and as long as you book a couple of weeks in advance you will be able to have an appointment with one of our academics to talk about your subject of interest: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/campus-visit.php

Please note that Medicine and Primary Education will not be represented at this event as they will be holding separate Offer Holder events which you will receive information about if you have applied to these subjects.

Offer Holders should have received a link to sign up via email, but please get in contact if you have not had this yet. We hope to see you there, and please let us know if you have any questions at all!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey we've got a sc group for aberdeen uni, add me on snap and ill add u x @xtashasinnotx
Hi,
Has anyone heard back from the School of Education regarding their masters in person centred psychology? I had my interview in March and I’m still waiting 🥲 let me know!
Hi I've never used the student room before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I just received my offer from aberdeen uni and I am fairly certain i qualify for the minimum/adjusted entry requirements (I have a minimum/adjusted entry requirement offer from Edinburgh Uni, the other uni I applied to ) and I'm just wondering if this is a mistake or if there's anything I can do because its messed up my plan a bit.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I've never used the student room before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I just received my offer from aberdeen uni and I am fairly certain i qualify for the minimum/adjusted entry requirements (I have a minimum/adjusted entry requirement offer from Edinburgh Uni, the other uni I applied to ) and I'm just wondering if this is a mistake or if there's anything I can do because its messed up my plan a bit.

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. I would say that the best thing to do if you have a question about your offer is to get in contact with us directly by email. Sorry to hear you think there's been a mistake with your offer as I can imagine that being disruptive to your plans, but we can certainly try to sort it out!

If you could contact [email protected] from the email address you applied to us with, along with your applicant ID, the course you have an offer for, and details of the entry requirements you think you should qualify for, then we will be able to pass your details on to the best people to look into it for you.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 78
Hi, what exactly is the difference between catered and non-catered accommodation? Is there a separate meal hall membership I can purchase or is the only option the catered accommodation?
Original post by Ben Kantor
Hi, what exactly is the difference between catered and non-catered accommodation? Is there a separate meal hall membership I can purchase or is the only option the catered accommodation?

So effectively catered accommodation just means that you have an allowance for meals at the meal hall included as the price of your rent. You're still able to eat and use the facilities in the meal hall (eg. the food, bar, and games) if you go for non-catered but the price of the food won't be included in the total amount. If you'd like to get a bit more clarity on this you can email our accommodation team at [email protected] and there's a bit more information on our website here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/our-accommodation/catered-accommodation.php

Give us a shout if you want to have a chat about anything else!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending