The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Official Middlesex University London 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Middlesex University London for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:
Hey, I’m currently on the biomedical science course at Middlesex, but I’m applying to the healthcare science (cardiac physiology) course for 2023, as I don’t feel that biomed is the career I’d like to pursue and I have much more of an interest in physiology and the more clinical side of things. I just think my skills and personality would be better suited in a healthcare setting☺️
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by steviejadev
Hey, I’m currently on the biomedical science course at Middlesex, but I’m applying to the healthcare science (cardiac physiology) course for 2023, as I don’t feel that biomed is the career I’d like to pursue and I have much more of an interest in physiology and the more clinical side of things. I just think my skills and personality would be better suited in a healthcare setting☺️

Hello steviejadev
Thank you for your message, my name is Rebecca I am a Student Ambassador for Middlesex University.

Its great that you want to study cardiology with us.

So in terms of how it works you need to complete your first year of study on the biomedical science course or withdraw from the course officially before any assessments take place, to avoid having a recent failure on your record as most universities won't accept this for transfer students.
In terms of funding it sounds like you have pretty much completed 1 term of your studies, you will get 4 years of student finance tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

You will also only be able to apply for year 1 of your studies. It may be an idea to check with the Progression team with regards to if you can apply internally as if you apply internally you may be able to skip the UCAS charge for processing applications but if your applying for multiple universities then UCAS is probably the best way to go.
These are the details for the progression team contact form https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/support/supporting-progression

G
ood luck with your applications if you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello steviejadev
Thank you for your message, my name is Rebecca I am a Student Ambassador for Middlesex University.

Its great that you want to study cardiology with us.

So in terms of how it works you need to complete your first year of study on the biomedical science course or withdraw from the course officially before any assessments take place, to avoid having a recent failure on your record as most universities won't accept this for transfer students.
In terms of funding it sounds like you have pretty much completed 1 term of your studies, you will get 4 years of student finance tuition fee loan and maintenance loan.

You will also only be able to apply for year 1 of your studies. It may be an idea to check with the Progression team with regards to if you can apply internally as if you apply internally you may be able to skip the UCAS charge for processing applications but if your applying for multiple universities then UCAS is probably the best way to go.
These are the details for the progression team contact form https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/support/supporting-progression

G
ood luck with your applications if you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:

Hi,

So I already applied on Monday via UCAS… the course leader didn’t mention anything about withdrawing from the course prior to having an interview for the new course? Is this what you mean? Or do you mean any assessments for my current course? I’m confused because it wasn’t mentioned to me by student finance, UCAS or the course leader who I spoke to regarding this?

They said to carry on with my current course as normal including any assignments whilst the application for the new course is underway, and so if I’m unsuccessful, I’ll still have my place on the biomedical science course.

The course leader for Cardiac Physiology also said I cannot transfer onto the course and that I’d have to apply as a new student as a transfer is not possible so I’m not sure if the transfer part you mentioned above is applicable to me because I’d be classified as a new student and not a transfer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,

So I already applied on Monday via UCAS… the course leader didn’t mention anything about withdrawing from the course prior to having an interview for the new course? Is this what you mean? Or do you mean any assessments for my current course? I’m confused because it wasn’t mentioned to me by student finance, UCAS or the course leader who I spoke to regarding this?

They said to carry on with my current course as normal including any assignments whilst the application for the new course is underway, and so if I’m unsuccessful, I’ll still have my place on the biomedical science course.

The course leader for Cardiac Physiology also said I cannot transfer onto the course and that I’d have to apply as a new student as a transfer is not possible so I’m not sure if the transfer part you mentioned above is applicable to me because I’d be classified as a new student and not a transfer.

Hello, steviejadev

In response to your questions, withdrawing would only be applicable if you don't think you would be successful on the current course.
Middlesex University has a recent failures policy that applies to all students applying for a new course so as long as you pass all of your modules you should be fine.

You are classed as a transfer student as you are applying to transfer from on course to another.

Student Finance you only get an allowance to cover 4 years of study.

If you are only applying to Middlesex University it maybe worth checking with the Progression team if you can apply internally to save yourself some money and make sure to apply asap as the deadline to apply for September start courses ins the 25th January.

Your tutor is right in saying you should stay on the course whilst you apply for the new course as it will provide you with options just make sure to pass all of your modules.

This is the link to contact the progression team via their contact form
https://unihelponline.mdx.ac.uk/#/forms/progressionEnquiryForm

T
his is the link to our internal application form as well that maybe useful
https://misis.mdx.ac.uk/mislve/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

I hope this helps if you have any more questions feel free to message me good luck with your applications. :smile:
Hello, steviejadev

In response to your questions, withdrawing would only be applicable if you don't think you would be successful on the current course.
Middlesex University has a recent failures policy that applies to all students applying for a new course so as long as you pass all of your modules you should be fine.

You are classed as a transfer student as you are applying to transfer from on course to another.

Student Finance you only get an allowance to cover 4 years of study.

If you are only applying to Middlesex University it maybe worth checking with the Progression team if you can apply internally to save yourself some money and make sure to apply asap as the deadline to apply for September start courses ins the 25th January.

Your tutor is right in saying you should stay on the course whilst you apply for the new course as it will provide you with options just make sure to pass all of your modules.

This is the link to contact the progression team via their contact form
https://unihelponline.mdx.ac.uk/#/forms/progressionEnquiryForm

T
his is the link to our internal application form as well that maybe useful
https://misis.mdx.ac.uk/mislve/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

I hope this helps if you have any more questions feel free to message me good luck with your applications. :smile:

I spoke to the course leader for the Healthcare Science course who didn’t mention this to me at all. She simply said it’s impossible to transfer onto the course and that I would have to start a new application for 2023 undergrad and go through the interview and application process as the rest of undergrads applying via ucas and apply as a new student. Also speaking to student finance, they said that I would not be classed as a transfer as I’m not transferring over from one course to another or applying to do so, I’m withdrawing at the end of this academic year. So it’d be the same as if I was withdrawing at the end of this year and then returning to education say in 2025…

Obviously my intention is to pass all of my modules, and keep going as if I were finishing the course, however, If I do get an offer for the new course after I’ve submitted some assignments, I will then probably withdraw from the course.
I spoke to the course leader for the Healthcare Science course who didn’t mention this to me at all. She simply said it’s impossible to transfer onto the course and that I would have to start a new application for 2023 undergrad and go through the interview and application process as the rest of undergrads applying via ucas and apply as a new student. Also speaking to student finance, they said that I would not be classed as a transfer as I’m not transferring over from one course to another or applying to do so, I’m withdrawing at the end of this academic year. So it’d be the same as if I was withdrawing at the end of this year and then returning to education say in 2025…

Obviously my intention is to pass all of my modules, and keep going as if I were finishing the course, however, If I do get an offer for the new course after I’ve submitted some assignments, I will then probably withdraw from the course.

Hello, steviejadev
You only get 4 years of student finance changing course or not. Its always good to check multiple sources of information as you will no from researching for your studies to make sure you can make an informed decision.

You just need to make sure you have no failures on your record as that will cause issues when gaining admission onto the course.

If you need further clarification of Middlesex Universities admissions procedures I would recommend contacting the admissions team via the contact details under the Prospective students from the UK title https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/contact-details

If you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Hello, steviejadev
You only get 4 years of student finance changing course or not. Its always good to check multiple sources of information as you will no from researching for your studies to make sure you can make an informed decision.

You just need to make sure you have no failures on your record as that will cause issues when gaining admission onto the course.

If you need further clarification of Middlesex Universities admissions procedures I would recommend contacting the admissions team via the contact details under the Prospective students from the UK title https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/contact-details

If you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:

As mentioned above, I’m not confused about student finance, I fully understand there is a 4 year maximum. What I spoke to student finance about was the process of choosing another course.
As mentioned above, I’m not confused about student finance, I fully understand there is a 4 year maximum. What I spoke to student finance about was the process of choosing another course.

Hello, steviejadev
Thank you for the clarification. Shouldn't be an issue going to a new course it sounds like you have talked to student finance so if they said its fine you should be able to access finance for changing courses. Checking with the university of what your obligations to pay the tuition fees for the year are would be a good idea the staff member you were talking to or the finance team that are located in the first floor of the library would be able to give you more information.

I hope this makes sense if you have any more questions feel free to message me. :smile:
Hi
I attended an interview for Master of Social work on December 13. Any idea when I will know the outcome of the interview?
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Middlesex University London for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi!

I've applied for the BA (Hons) International Politics and Law course!
I'm currently on a gap year, so I've confirmed my place at Middlesex Uni :smile:
Original post by abigailwongaa
Hi!

I've applied for the BA (Hons) International Politics and Law course!
I'm currently on a gap year, so I've confirmed my place at Middlesex Uni :smile:

Hey, im on a gap year too and leaning towards middlesex to study marketing. What’s your social media, would love to chat some more x
Hey, that sounds amazing! And I’d love to connect with you on social media, I’ll PM you! Xx
Hello, I have got the offer letter for the Engineering Management course. I want to know about the average accommodation cost near Middlesex University.
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hello. I have received an offer for Msc public health. Although, before submitting my deposit i enquired about this university and reviews were positive. But, recently, i came across the reviews about this university on different platforms on google and i was shocked after reading negative reviews about the academics and teaching quality ofthis uni. Now i am really worried what to do as i have paid my fee and i am at the CAS level. Also, this university is at 111 number in the guardian league table rankings in the UK. Some of poeple saying it is a good university but i have read plenty of negative comments about the academics on the internet. Kindly guide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending