The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 1 Higher Tier (1CH0 1H) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hasankhwaja
i got 7.01x10^20 for one

so did i!!
Reply 21
what did you guys put on the litmus and phenolphthalein colour change Q? i’ve put pinky-blue to red
Reply 22
Original post by robert6668
what did you guys put on the litmus and phenolphthalein colour change Q? i’ve put pinky-blue to red

Sounds right brother
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 23

i put purple to red
Reply 24
What did people get for the find the volume of copper near then end because I got around 60000 then changed it because I thought the volume was too high for only 110g
Original post by The bomb
For the 4 mark equation was then answer 60900

That’s what I got !!!
Original post by Ajjakakqkwkne
That’s what I got !!!

so did i
What did you guys say for the burette question when u had to improve it 3 ways
Original post by Ajjakakqkwkne
What did you guys say for the burette question when u had to improve it 3 ways

- Clean with deionised water. Measure from miniscus curve. Add drop by drop when reaching endpoint. Not sure if i got 3/3 tho
i got 7.01x10^20 for one

thank God. I got that too. I was scared for my life as the unit mg was unfamiliar to me. Plus squeezing this long value in the answer box was a bit tight and made me doubt myself...
Reply 30
can anyone remind me what's the copper calculation about(the 60900 thing)? thanksssss
(edited 11 months ago)
- Clean with deionised water. Measure from miniscus curve. Add drop by drop when reaching endpoint. Not sure if i got 3/3 tho

That looks fine. I put clean with the solution, only start adding drop by drop when reaching the endpoint and pour the solution in using a funnel. I have no idea why I said use a funnel.
Original post by alexiia
i put purple to red

Yh I got that too. With my year 2 colour theory that blue and pink makes purple bahahaha
Reply 33
what did you guys get for the copper 76 mg question? ngl it's pretty tricky, the answer has been given a unit for g instead of mg
Original post by AaronCook
What did people get for the find the volume of copper near then end because I got around 60000 then changed it because I thought the volume was too high for only 110g

HELP WHAT QUESTION IS THIS? I did not remember this question or answer.
Reply 35
Original post by randomstudentlol
Yh I got that too. With my year 2 colour theory that blue and pink makes purple bahahaha

i've put pinky-blue to red, you reckon i'm gonna get 2/2?
i've put pinky-blue to red, you reckon i'm gonna get 2/2?

Its only 1 mark ntd
what do you reckon the grade boundaries for a 9 will be for this exam?
Reply 38

I've seen a past paper question asking roughly the same thing and I put: clean with deionised water, fill the tip of the burette with the solution (there was an air gap) and pour less solution into the burette so the start point in on the scale (it was higher than 0)
Reply 39
rg
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending