The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 1 Higher Tier (1CH0 1H) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rishiansm0001
what do you reckon the grade boundaries for a 9 will be for this exam?

reckon it's gonna be about 80 for 1 paper
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by rishiansm0001
what do you reckon the grade boundaries for a 9 will be for this exam?

i think its gonna be 75-78 just because i feel all the odd 3 markers are gonna be heard to get the exact markschmem
Original post by raven8247
so did i!!

how many marks was that question referring to 7.01 x 10^20?
Original post by The bomb
For the 4 mark equation was then answer 60900

I got that too, the one near the end right?
Reply 44
Original post by Manchit Grover
I got that too, the one near the end right?

it was pretty easy but i wrote mr over mass to calculate mol XD
Reply 45
can anyone please remind me what's the 60900 question? pleaseeeee thanksss
Reply 46
Original post by alexiia
i put purple to red

same lmao
Original post by The bomb
For the 4 mark equation was then answer 60900

I somehow got 88dm^3.
Reply 48
guys do you all remember the q about copper oxide and sulfuric acid reacting to make cuso4 and water? and they asked whether copper in copper oxide was getting reduced or oxidised or none.. what did y'all put?
Reply 49
Original post by chroma654
guys do you all remember the q about copper oxide and sulfuric acid reacting to make cuso4 and water? and they asked whether copper in copper oxide was getting reduced or oxidised or none.. what did y'all put?

copper is in group 2 so forms a cu2+ ion and sulfate ion is 2- so the sulfate must have given two electrons to the copper so i said it was reduced as it gained electrons
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 50
Original post by loik24
copper is in group 2 so forms a cu2+ ion and sulfate ion is 2- so the sulfate must have given two electrons to the copper so i said it was reduced as it gained electrons

oxygen has a charge of 2- though

I said none as cu2+ retains its charge and doesn't change
Original post by hasankhwaja

That's what I said too

that is what I said because it just goes from copper oxide to copper sulphate so it doesn't change. I think it really depended on how people interpreted the question which was why it was a bit annoying.
(edited 11 months ago)

copper wasn't getting anything done because it was still chemically bonded with a non metal (probably in a lattice), meaning it didn't gain or lose any electrons because it still had to be bonded (and therefore attracted) to a non metal
heyy for the molar enthalpy change what did you guys get i got like -3664 something and for the excess zinc question i just did the mole ratio bc i ad no idea what to do?
Reply 56
i got 7.01x10^20 for one

did u get that answer for the avagadros question
Original post by pinkpony69
did u get that answer for the avagadros question

yh for the no. atoms
So for the questions I remember there was a 6 marker on alloys and another 6 marker on sodium chloride and water and in this one u had to like say the structure and bonding for it and for the alloy one u had to say the differences and similarities between the alloys and pure metals which I found a bit weird and there was also the ways to seperate the substances in the first six marker
Reply 59
i got 7.01x10^20 for one

yup for avg constant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending