The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier (1CH0 2H) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alz_xyz
guys for the plants question could you say keep them both in the same area and check them regularly

Yeah, I said keep them both in the same area for growth so the independent variable is only the water/acid. But some of my friends said put a range of pH but I think our answers are valid too.
i said to repeat it , but i dont think has anything to odo with validity
what did everyone get for the formula of hydrocarbon X
Reply 23
c10h22?

Original post by Anonymouse75
what did everyone get for the formula of hydrocarbon X
Reply 24
Original post by Hiba!2007
Yes that’s what I put because hcl is corrosive, I saw that on the mark scheme of a past paper so should be correct

It was for Chlorine gas, not HCl
Reply 25
Original post by Xxxx123
does anyone know what the balanced equation was? I thought I’d done correctly it but apparently it had a 16 in it which I didn’t get

2KMnO4 + 16HCl 2KCl + 2MnCl2 + 5Cl2 + 8H2O
Reply 26
Original post by ZymonX

If i said increase the air ventilation in the room so you dont inhale the toxic chlorine gas would i get the marks
Reply 27
Original post by Xxxx123
does anyone know what the balanced equation was? I thought I’d done correctly it but apparently it had a 16 in it which I didn’t get.

for some people they had 8, as they made the other value 2.5 (which you can do)
I had 24 for one of my numbers for the balancing equation is that wrong because I made it equal on both sides
Reply 29
I forgot to multiply out the balanced equation, so I put KMnO4 + 8HCl →KCl +MnCl2 + 2.5Cl2 + 4H2O

would I still get full marks
Reply 30
Original post by abvd
I forgot to multiply out the balanced equation, so I put KMnO4 + 8HCl →KCl +MnCl2 + 2.5Cl2 + 4H2O

would I still get full marks

Yh
Original post by freyaseal
I said fume cupboard bc fumes dangerous and oxidising and stop them being inhaled

Wow I literally revised that before I left my house and still didn't put that down, also I put use mask so you don't inhale, would that still be fine?
Reply 32
That’s what I wrote because In history I remember that chlorine gas was used a as a chemical weapon so I wrote west mask so you don’t inhale it
Original post by dafhbhifb
That’s what I wrote because In history I remember that chlorine gas was used a as a chemical weapon so I wrote west mask so you don’t inhale it

At least I'm not the only one 😅
Original post by ZymonX
Yh

I got thank

Original post by freyaseal
for some people they had 8, as they made the other value 2.5 (which you can do)

Alright thank god
Reply 35
much better than i expected
Original post by farazi1
c10h22?

I got that too 👍
Reply 37
Original post by ZymonX

dyu think id still get the mark or not because there was a corrosive sign for one of the things
yk for the first question abt the change in masses of the alcohol... did u have to divide by 30 after finding 1.08?
Original post by rishiansm0001
yk for the first question abt the change in masses of the alcohol... did u have to divide by 30 after finding 1.08?

yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending