The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier (1CH0 2H) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone remember what the question for the dot and cross diagram was it hydrogen sulfide (H2S)?
Original post by Anonymouse75
what did everyone get for the formula of hydrocarbon X

what was the full question i don’t remember
Original post by alz_xyz
dyu think id still get the mark or not because there was a corrosive sign for one of the things

should be fine
Chem paper 2 triple was the hardest paper, how did u ppl find it easy
Original post by aaaaaaaaa2737
what was the full question i don’t remember

It was X ----> C6H14 + Y
Y had an empirical formula of CH2
Y had a Mr of 56
then find out X
Original post by N4K1B
Does anyone remember what the question for the dot and cross diagram was it hydrogen sulfide (H2S)?

yh
Original post by hasankhwaja
It was X ----> C6H14 + Y
Y had an empirical formula of CH2
Y had a Mr of 56
then find out X

shoot i didint read the empirical formula part i did something completely different how much marks was it
what did you guys get for that question where it was about the % of isotopes
Original post by georgewi11iams
what did you guys get for the last ionic equation

umm stfu
Original post by aaaaaaaaa2737
what did you guys get for that question where it was about the % of isotopes

39.134 or something
Original post by N4K1B

yeah
Reply 51
Original post by khollkholl344
39.134 or something

👍pretty sure that's right
Reply 52
Original post by alz_xyz
guys for the plants question could you say keep them both in the same area and check them regularly

I put use nitric acid instead of hydrochloric acid because thats actually the acid in acid rain and the question said how to make the results more valid not accurate or reliable
Original post by alexiia
I put use nitric acid instead of hydrochloric acid because thats actually the acid in acid rain and the question said how to make the results more valid not accurate or reliable

that's what i said but i said sulfuric acid instead of nitric acid
Reply 54
Original post by alexiia

dyu think id still get marks
What did ppl say for the sulfur impurities question
Reply 56
Original post by Funnybunny72
What did ppl say for the sulfur impurities question

impurities such as sulfur are oxidised when coal is burnt and is given off as gaseous sulfur dioxide. it can then react with and dissolve in rain water to form sulfuric acid which then falls as acid rain
Reply 57
Original post by alz_xyz
dyu think id still get marks

i'm not sure if im right either so idk
What did people get for the six marker for fermentation of glucose and the test for chlorine gas
Original post by loik24
impurities such as sulfur are oxidised when coal is burnt and is given off as gaseous sulfur dioxide. it can then react with and dissolve in rain water to form sulfuric acid which then falls as acid rain

Tyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending