The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

AQA GCSE Combined Science Paper 1 Higher Tier (8464/C/1H) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RevisionLord123
The question states:

describe how solid magnesium chloride is obtained from the reactions mixture. Upon reading it again, it states the magnesium is in excess. Meaning the final reaction mixture will have magnesium solid and magnesium chloride dissolved in water as a liquid.

to obtain magnesium chloride as a solid you would then have to do 2 steps, the first being to filter like you said to remove the excess magnesium solid (which is 1 mark), the second step will be to take the magnesium chloride aqueous solution and crystallise the solid by evaporating off the water. Giving you a solid

I believe that due to the solid magnesium being excess, the reaction of evaporating? Has already occurred and the gas has condensed, so the magnesium chloride can be filtered
Reply 161
Original post by meganm_b07
I believe that due to the solid magnesium being excess, the reaction of evaporating? Has already occurred and the gas has condensed, so the magnesium chloride can be filtered

I got crystallisation it was 1 marks ?
How did everyone find the physics paper? What did everyone get for the voltmeter question where you he to put a voltmeter on the graph and for the question where I was like this person got 26 for the answer why are they incorrect something like that it was 2 marks?
Reply 163
Original post by suzy23
How did everyone find the physics paper? What did everyone get for the voltmeter question where you he to put a voltmeter on the graph and for the question where I was like this person got 26 for the answer why are they incorrect something like that it was 2 marks?

the voltmeter you had to draw an extra parallel branch underneath with voltmeter on and idk what question the 26 one was
What did everyone get for like the water percentage question where they had to determine if the person water percentage was health by using the graph?
Reply 165
Original post by suzy23

oh the 26 one was the resistance one i said it’s a parallel circuit so the total resistance is less than the smallest individual resistor so the total resistance must be less than 20 ohms (one of the resistors was labelled 20 ohms)
Original post by rse234
oh the 26 one was the resistance one i said it’s a parallel circuit so the total resistance is less than the smallest individual resistor so the total resistance must be less than 20 ohms (one of the resistors was labelled 20 ohms)

I said that the resistors have to have the same resistant so the total must be 40 ohms? Any marks?
Original post by suzy23
I said that the resistors have to have the same resistant so the total must be 40 ohms? Any marks?

Idk How about the first 6 marker what did you guys write?
Any please help with the one about wind power and solar with the graph
I get given my own copy for all 3 papers

can you please send me the chemistry and physics paper for 2023
Original post by abidpokemon123

pls
Original post by abidpokemon123

No
No

Y not?
Volunteer Note: This thread has been closed due to the numerous posts about access to locked past papers and mark schemes.

Latest

Trending

Trending