The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Jumping on here because I need to do well in this paper because I fucdkx up paper 1
ahhh module 6
Reply 22
what module 2 topics are likely to come up ok here (mainly cause they didn’t come up in p1)

e.g cell division, protein synthesis etc
transcription/translation for sure ,cell cycle
Original post by kettle02
what module 2 topics are likely to come up ok here (mainly cause they didn’t come up in p1)

e.g cell division, protein synthesis etc
Reply 24
Any predictions for this paper?
any predictions what are the repeated topics @DS13990609 u did a really good document for paper 1 got one for paper 2 by any chance?
im guessing one evaluate 6 marker then for p2

Original post by Bts18
Any predictions for this paper?
Reply 27
i need to get an A* in this exam cause paper 1 went so bad i don't think i even got 30%- any tips on how people memorise, videos and websites ?
Reply 28
Original post by Rohan007best
any predictions what are the repeated topics @DS13990609 u did a really good document for paper 1 got one for paper 2 by any chance?

what was the document ?
Reply 29
anyone think paper 1 was similar to a previous past paper ? cause i haven't done them but i know for geo the questions were similar to 2020
I dont think so there were some repeats in the topics but from different parts yk
so yh not super similar to anything rlly ii think anyways
Reply 31
Original post by $of1a
i need to get an A* in this exam cause paper 1 went so bad i don't think i even got 30%- any tips on how people memorise, videos and websites ?

yeah same😭messed up so bad i feel like litro had a breakdown after , and i hate the paper 2 topics sm
Reply 32
Original post by 2ellsbells
yeah same😭messed up so bad i feel like litro had a breakdown after , and i hate the paper 2 topics sm

i didnt revise any as topics like the heart or plants so when half the paper was on that i was about to walk out - spent months going over module 5 just to forget the loop of henle stuff and label the kidney wrong cause i said the pyramids of nephrons was the medulla... like i can't express how bad it was, i even said that fetal haem has a lower affinity to oxygen even though i had revised that like 4 times .. soo silly and i hope paper 2 can't go worse
Reply 33
Original post by $of1a
i didnt revise any as topics like the heart or plants so when half the paper was on that i was about to walk out - spent months going over module 5 just to forget the loop of henle stuff and label the kidney wrong cause i said the pyramids of nephrons was the medulla... like i can't express how bad it was, i even said that fetal haem has a lower affinity to oxygen even though i had revised that like 4 times .. soo silly and i hope paper 2 can't go worse

sorry to hear that your paper 1 didnt go great but the pyramids of nephrons is the medulla...?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 34
Original post by $of1a

Miss Estruch Biology has summary videos for each module for ocr. They're really helpful!
Out of ms estruch, Claire biology and biorach which is the best to use for ocr a? Also are these vids better then the cgp textbook?
paper 1 didn't go as expected for me either. i felt like the questions were so specific this year and much broader in previous years. I’m gonna try smash paper 2 and 3 to make up for it because i think i barely got no more than 60 marks, likely less.
Reply 37
any predictions for paper 2 , paper 1 was soo ******* hard
Reply 38
I can't lie, I ain't watching Primrose Kitten ever again. I can predict better topics than her. She literally predicted the 2022 paper again. Tbh that paper was aight. I got confused with the ectotherms and endotherms stuff so hopefully I get a BOD on the 6 marker.
I'm gonna do papers from 2009 for biology and chemistry. The way OCR got pictures from a 2011 and 2012 paper was mad. If I had done those I would've been patterned.

But in the end I think I got an A. Paper 1 is anyway my weakest. I adore Paper 2 because of the diseases topic and the maths. Genetics tho, questionable
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 39
Original post by DS13990609
I can't lie, I ain't watching Primrose Kitten ever again. I can predict better topics than her. She literally predicted the 2022 paper again. Tbh that paper was aight. I got confused with the ectotherms and endotherms stuff so hopefully I get a BOD on the 6 marker.
I'm gonna do papers from 2009 for biology and chemistry. The way OCR got pictures from a 2011 and 2012 paper was mad. If I had done those I would've been patterned.

But in the end I think I got an A. Paper 1 is anyway my weakest. I adore Paper 2 because of the diseases topic and the maths. Genetics tho, questionable

which pictures from the 2011 and 2012 papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending