The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DS13990609
I can't lie, I ain't watching Primrose Kitten ever again. I can predict better topics than her. She literally predicted the 2022 paper again. Tbh that paper was aight. I got confused with the ectotherms and endotherms stuff so hopefully I get a BOD on the 6 marker.
I'm gonna do papers from 2009 for biology and chemistry. The way OCR got pictures from a 2011 and 2012 paper was mad. If I had done those I would've been patterned.

But in the end I think I got an A. Paper 1 is anyway my weakest. I adore Paper 2 because of the diseases topic and the maths. Genetics tho, questionable

10000000% agree her predictions are soooooooo sshhhiiiiiiiiiitttt felt like she was writing an AS paper
they were so off honestly not sure where she/ whoever made them got them from
Original post by Oz999
10000000% agree her predictions are soooooooo sshhhiiiiiiiiiitttt felt like she was writing an AS paper
Reply 42
Original post by Oz999
which pictures from the 2011 and 2012 papers?

From the 2012 paper it was the electron micrograph of the junction between 2 neurones and that loop of henle diagram thing
From the 2011 paper it was the photosynthesis big mindmap diagram thing - shows the reactions in a leaf cell of a flowering plant
is paper 2 - 2.3.6 modules ?
Original post by flora14
is paper 2 - 2.3.6 modules ?

Reply 45
icl all I remember about module 6 is that it's something to do with making beer and cheese
Reply 46
From the 2012 paper it was the electron micrograph of the junction between 2 neurones and that loop of henle diagram thing
From the 2011 paper it was the photosynthesis big mindmap diagram thing - shows the reactions in a leaf cell of a flowering plant

yeah just saw it same image differnet qs doent really give an advantage
Reply 47
I can't lie, I ain't watching Primrose Kitten ever again. I can predict better topics than her. She literally predicted the 2022 paper again. Tbh that paper was aight. I got confused with the ectotherms and endotherms stuff so hopefully I get a BOD on the 6 marker.
I'm gonna do papers from 2009 for biology and chemistry. The way OCR got pictures from a 2011 and 2012 paper was mad. If I had done those I would've been patterned.

But in the end I think I got an A. Paper 1 is anyway my weakest. I adore Paper 2 because of the diseases topic and the maths. Genetics tho, questionable

Are you gonna make the repeated topics and predictions document for paper 2 like you did for paper 1?

Cuz the paper 1 document was so helpful!
Reply 48
Original post by Bts18
Are you gonna make the repeated topics and predictions document for paper 2 like you did for paper 1?

Cuz the paper 1 document was so helpful!

Maybe
Reply 49
Maybe

if you do, let me know 🙏
Reply 50
Maybe

Have you done any for chemistry?
What’s ur predictions for paper 2 everyone
Reply 52
Original post by Oz999
yeah just saw it same image differnet qs doent really give an advantage

the neurone one literally labelled which one is the first neurone and which is the second. that would've gotten me some marks as I got that wrong yesterday lol
biological diversity topics are definitely my weakest like populations and sustainability and ecosystems (and just biodiversity in general) makes absolutely no sense to me like human biology >>>>>

I hope they go easy on us
Reply 54
Does anyone know what exactly we need to know about the case studies in the population and stability module? How important is it ? I have never encountered a questions with it so I’m not too sure the kind of questions they ask.
Also I have a feeling they're gonna ask us a 5/6 marker on Sanger sequencing.. or even a 4 marker like I have a major feeling it's gonna come up
And maybe an experimental-style question on micropropagation/artificial cloning?
Original post by ideaarctic
Does anyone know what exactly we need to know about the case studies in the population and stability module? How important is it ? I have never encountered a questions with it so I’m not too sure the kind of questions they ask.

When it comes to case studies, they usually give you graph/experiment based questions and ask you to analyse data they've given you whilst using information that you already know/learnt about the case studies. Like I think it was the 2022 paper there was a maasai mara question with a graph that we're supposed to read and interpret and make a conclusion or support/evaluate a conclusion
Reply 57
Maybe

Please if you have any predictions for bio paper 2 and Ocr chem paper 1 that would be super helpful I’d appreciate it so much
Reply 58
anyone have the 2022 mark scheme for paper 2?
Original post by sophhhlx
anyone have the 2022 mark scheme for paper 2?

here you go!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending