The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thechemimech
here you go!!

tysm!!
Original post by sophhhlx
anyone have the 2022 mark scheme for paper 2?

Hey do you have a copy of the 2022 paper 2 cause our teacher won’t give it to us for some reason? :frown:
Original post by nikitathandi
Hey do you have a copy of the 2022 paper 2 cause our teacher won’t give it to us for some reason? :frown:

i got you!!
i got you!!

You’re a lifesaver!!!
you dont happen to have the mark scheme as well by any chance?? thank you!!!!
i got you!!
Original post by degreeapprentice
you dont happen to have the mark scheme as well by any chance?? thank you!!!!

check a few posts back!! I posted it in a quote to someone else, before I posted the paper!
Reply 66
do we have to know about edephatic factors or detritivores? and do we have to know the exact percentage of energy transferred between each trophies level?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by kettle02
do we have to know about edephatic factors or detritivores? and do we have to know the exact percentage of energy transferred between each trophies level?

I haven't looked over that side yet but I'm pretty sure you'll need a general idea just in case you need to provide detail for a long answer question!! I'd say just know the percentages of energy transfer in the back of your brain like I doubt there'll be a lot on that
Reply 68
What are the places we need to learn about for populations and sustainability because we never did that in class? I think one might be the Galapagos but idk any others, and what do we have to know about them?
Reply 69
I haven't looked over that side yet but I'm pretty sure you'll need a general idea just in case you need to provide detail for a long answer question!! I'd say just know the percentages of energy transfer in the back of your brain like I doubt there'll be a lot on that

tru ok thank you so much!!
Reply 70
Original post by Dan271
What are the places we need to learn about for populations and sustainability because we never did that in class? I think one might be the Galapagos but idk any others, and what do we have to know about them?

IMG_7370.jpeg
these are the ones on the spec
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 71
IMG_7370.jpeg
these are the ones on the spec

Thanks
Reply 72
how much is everyone learning about the case studies e.g. masai mara etc
Reply 73
how much is everyone learning about the case studies e.g. masai mara etc

could someone please summarise each case study we need to know

thank youu
does anyone have any predictions for this paper?
Reply 75
In the chapter on cloning and technology- microorganisms and biotechnology, there's a very chunky thing on how microorganisms are used for baking, brewing, cheese-making and yoghurt making. Do we have to know this in detail or just the specific microorganisms involved?

if anyone has a summary for it, please share :smile:
Original post by ^MISSF^
In the chapter on cloning and technology- microorganisms and biotechnology, there's a very chunky thing on how microorganisms are used for baking, brewing, cheese-making and yoghurt making. Do we have to know this in detail or just the specific microorganisms involved?

if anyone has a summary for it, please share :smile:

here's a snippet from the cgp book!! I'm only learning this much for that aspect of the topic so I think it should be okay if you know this much Screenshot 2023-06-09 085446.png
Reply 77
for etiolation and chlorosis how are they impacted by both genetic and environmental factors?
Reply 78
you think its worth doing a few old spec papers for paper 2 as they may do it again ?

Original post by DS13990609
From the 2012 paper it was the electron micrograph of the junction between 2 neurones and that loop of henle diagram thing
From the 2011 paper it was the photosynthesis big mindmap diagram thing - shows the reactions in a leaf cell of a flowering plant
Reply 79
Original post by FO2004
you think its worth doing a few old spec papers for paper 2 as they may do it again ?

Yh, im gonna do old spec and new spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending