The Student Room Group

OCR A A-Level Biology Biological Diversity [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dyingggg
If they were gonna ask about covid measures in a 6 marker or 4 idk was just thinking, what would you guys talk about? do pcr and the DNA stuff have something to do with it in terms of the swabbing and perhaps bioinformatics ??

Depends what the question is asking because it could be a 6 marker in cloning and biotech but then again, it could be a 6 marker on diseases.
Also: for the swabbing part - you could probably refer to that fact that they use monoclonal antibodies to identify if you have covid or not - same thing applies to pregnancy tests.
(edited 10 months ago)

thank you so much an actual legend you are THANK U!!!!!!!
can someone please explain hox genes/hox clusters please
how many different transcription factors do we need to know like only 1 like methylation
Original post by siahateskwl
can someone please explain hox genes/hox clusters please

hox genes are regulatory genes that control body development in animals through mitosis and apoptosis(programmed cell death).
does anyone have any predictions?? primrose predictions for paper1 was pretty far off. I am kinda guessing a big communicable diseases question:confused:
dna profiling stuff maybe a 6 marker
Original post by student-656
does anyone have any predictions?? primrose predictions for paper1 was pretty far off. I am kinda guessing a big communicable diseases question:confused:
Original post by thechemimech
i got you!!

this isnt loading for some reason. please could you post it again
does anyone have a copy of 2022 paper?
Reply 90

Thank you so much man,

you reckon we should make another 6 marker document for paper 2?
Reply 91

what does it mean where you've written like 3/6 next to topics
Reply 92
Original post by idukb
what does it mean where you've written like 3/6 next to topics

How many times did that topic come up between 2017 and 2022
Original post by oreocupcake1
this isnt loading for some reason. please could you post it again

owh that's weird! here you go!!
owh that's weird! here you go!!

thankss!!
Reply 95
Original post by Rohan007best
Out of ms estruch, Claire biology and biorach which is the best to use for ocr a? Also are these vids better then the cgp textbook?

Haven't watched the other two, but biorach is defenitely great, she's very good at laying out the info in an easy to understand way
Reply 96
here you go!!

do you have as 2022 bio ocr papers???
Reply 97
are there any predicted 6 marker docs going around ?
Reply 98
anyone here also revising for chem and geo and no know how to balance the revision - I havent touched paper2 for chem !!
Reply 99
Am I the only one felt the Diversity paper is soo hard and makes no sense.

Even though I’ve done quite well in paper 1, I’m so scared that I’m going to fail paper 2 and get really low grade.

The mark schemes are just so SPECIFIC and saying random sh*t we haven’t learnt.

Why do we even care plants or diversity? I think it’s so pointless and waste of time. (My personal opinion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending