The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
damn seeing that primrose kittens predictions were correct makes me so annoyed with myself . I did her paper in prep for bio paper 1 but nothing from it really came up so decided not to continue doing them. Lesson learnt will do her predicted paper 2 haha
Reply 41
Also does anyone have a list of what came up in paper 1 from modules 1,2,3,5, i am revising for paper 3 and just wanted to see what didnt come up as they could come up in paper 3 and I would like to be solid with them. Thank you :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by docxo
anyone feel like they could've done better on P1 lol? not helping that everyone saying they found it easy haha

yeah... i defo made some silly mistakes that I only realised afterwards. and MCQ was tricky. I completely messed up the gibbs graph too even tho i literally rearranged for y=mx+c i still got the wrong answer. try not to worry too much tho and remember tsr isn't really representative of how the average student found the paper because basically everyone here cares a lot about the grades they get. 2 papers left to go! you can defo bring ur grade up even if you did rlly mess it up lol
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 43
Original post by docxo
anyone feel like they could've done better on P1 lol? not helping that everyone saying they found it easy haha

i feel the same way , my acids and buffers let me down which is so annoying as i practiced them and it was pretty predictable it would come up ( doing them under that much pressure and little time made me make silly mistakes and overthink ) I also struggled with timing. ( my friend finished with 20 minutes to spare ! ). Just honestly forget about it and focus on the next paper , dont compare answers with people on here will make you feel worse. Just focus on doing well on the next one and you can still get the grade you want. I have a conditional offer as i expect you may do too so just work hard to get those grades somehow ! you can do it !!!
Reply 44
Original post by amxliaa_c
Also does anyone have a list of what came up in paper 1 from modules 1,2,3,5, i am revising for paper 3 and just wanted to see what didnt come up as they could come up in paper 3 and I would like to be solid with them. Thank you :smile:

from memory I remember this:
lattice enthalpy from hess cycle
gibbs free energy graph
entropy
calculating enthalpy of combustion
use of Kw , pH of alkali
stuff with reactions of copper or chromium where you described ligand sub
transition metals and d block elements

not sure what else, also didn't put anything from MCQ
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 45
Original post by jjeeeeeea
gibbs free energy graph
entropy
use of Kw , pH of alkali

thank you so much :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by jjeeeeeea
gibbs free energy graph
entropy
use of Kw , pH of alkali

was there a bit on comparing second ionisation energies of two diff elements or something or am i making stuff up
Reply 47
Original post by eeaste
was there a bit on comparing second ionisation energies of two diff elements or something or am i making stuff up

oo yeah you are right I forgot that
Reply 48
Original post by eeaste

Think it was Magnesium and Strontium u had to compare first IE then Sr 2nd IE with Mg 1st IE
Reply 49
Original post by DS13990609
Think it was Magnesium and Strontium u had to compare first IE then Sr 2nd IE with Mg 1st IE

yesss that was it, I couldn't remember if it was from a past paper I'd done or the real exam :tongue:
Reply 50
anyone have paper 2 predicted paper from ckchemistry? I know someone mentioned it in the paper one chat :smile: thank u
Reply 51
Original post by swrxy
anyone have paper 2 predicted paper from ckchemistry? I know someone mentioned it in the paper one chat :smile: thank u

Yep
Reply 52
If anyone has any predicted papers for paper 2 or 3 for chem for anywhere I would really appreciate if you could private message them to me or send it on here. Thank you :smile:
Reply 53
If anyone has any predicted papers for paper 2 or 3 for chem for anywhere I would really appreciate if you could private message them to me or send it on here. Thank you :smile:

I'll send them later
Original post by ds13990609
i just clocked how shi*t my timetable is. 19th is chem paper 2. 20th is maths paper 3. 21st bio paper 3, and 23rd chem paper 3. No way this is legal

same who thought that was a good idea
Reply 55
Original post by DS13990609
I'll send them later

thank you so much i really appreciate it !
Reply 56

I’ve seen that topics covered in paper 1 can reappear in paper 3. Examples are electrode potentials, buffers, equilibrium and enthalpy change. Same applies to paper 2.
Reply 57
dyt around 60ish out of 100 would be enough for a B in P1? considering that everyone found it easy so the grade boundaries might increase?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 58
Original post by docxo

yeaa defo.. like it was alright but wasnt as great as everyone is saying. wonder what the grade boundaries are gonna be like
Reply 59
damn seeing that primrose kittens predictions were correct makes me so annoyed with myself . I did her paper in prep for bio paper 1 but nothing from it really came up so decided not to continue doing them. Lesson learnt will do her predicted paper 2 haha

If anyone has paper 2 primrose, can they share it please? I would really appreciate it :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending