The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 2 (Higher Tier Combined) 8464/2H - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by alicekopple
For the 4 marker on the swimmer having hyperthermia, did people get 35?

Yeah I got 35 to 2 SF
Reply 61
Original post by misbahkosar
farmers shouldnt give farm animals antibiotics because it creates new strains and the antibiotic resistant bacteria is likely to be passed on to humans when they consume the animals.
doctors should only prescribe antibiotics to patients who have severe infections, this will help to reduce the chances of the bactieria evolving.
patients should complete the whole course of antibiotics as it will kill all bacteria, so it cant evolve.

This was exactly what I said but instead of whole course I said full dose of antibiotic to kill them all off and none live
Reply 62
Original post by greendinobear
I put that cows produce methane which contributes to global warming. The food for the cows needs to be transported which will pollute the air and also that deforestation to create space for cattle farming. It was ok for me as it was basically just the geography exam I did last week!

If I said all of that except the transportation I should get 6 marks because I explained it well hopefully
Reply 63
Original post by Ashyy7
I got 3:10 somehow???

same
Reply 64
Original post by smohammad1
If I said all of that except the transportation I should get 6 marks because I explained it well hopefully

I talked about how it can reduce biodiversity since you need land so it leads to more deforestation and stuff
Reply 65
Original post by ammonium_nitrate
It definitely was mate we'll see who gets the last laugh when you get a low grade 'lol'

Imagine being so confident yet so wrong.. you forgot to take it away from everyone, it was 450-135 LOL
Reply 66
Original post by Luckyjow
I talked about how it can reduce biodiversity since you need land so it leads to more deforestation and stuff

I wrote that but also put about too much meat would get produced and wasted...no idea if I went completely off course...my brain has been fried!!
Original post by Luxcess
same

It was 3:7 I believe
Original post by smohammad1
Imagine being so confident yet so wrong.. you forgot to take it away from everyone, it was 450-135 LOL

You are right
it was 450-135
then 135:315
then divide by 45 to get 3:7:smile:
Original post by Cvbjjj
I got 36.95, how did u get 35😭

2 significant figures
Reply 70
Yes!
Original post by k.kher
what did everyone get for the pundit square
50%
Reply 71
I don't understand how people found that paper good:
No nervous system questions
Only one 4 marker on the sampling techniques
Two 6 markers on stuff that wasn't the reflex arc, but bacteria and implications of cow farming (I mentioned cattle ranching and stuff to do with deforestation and excretion from the carbon cycle)
Nothing on blood glucose concentration but instead adrenaline and thyroxine
Quite difficult maths questions (didn't know how to calculate the rate but miraculously got the 4 mark hypothermia question right, but using a different method than most people.)

Q1 and Q5 were okay though, Q3 was meh. I'm hoping I still get my 7-7 to do A level bio because I didn't like that paper. Paper 1 was better for me.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Angieluvss
yes!

How did you do the mean rate question?
Reply 73
Original post by da1708
I don't understand how people found that paper good:
No nervous system questions
Only one 4 marker on the sampling techniques
Two 6 markers on stuff that wasn't the reflex arc, but bacteria and implications of cow farming (I mentioned cattle ranching and stuff to do with deforestation and excretion from the carbon cycle)
Nothing on blood glucose concentration but instead adrenaline and thyroxine
Quite difficult maths questions (didn't know how to calculate the rate but miraculously got the 4 mark hypothermia question right, but using a different method than most people.)

Q1 and Q5 were okay though, Q3 was meh. I'm hoping I still get my 7-7 to do A level bio because I didn't like that paper. Paper 1 was better for me.

To be fair blood glucose conc. was on last years paper and we did have a 5 mark punnet square which was good. i see where you are coming from though, the last page was hard
It was my best exam yet. So good other than the last 2 questions on Tyoid and Adrenalin.
Original post by Lil Sumi
i went blank the whole exam :frown: but managed to answer all questions the 6 markers were soo bad as well i didnt know what to write

omg same, but don’t beat yourself up over it! we still have chem and physics :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Angieluvss
yes!

i got 34.5 is that still right??
Reply 77
what did people get for that 5 marker adrenaline temperature question??
Reply 78
Original post by alicekopple
For the 4 marker on the swimmer having hyperthermia, did people get 35?

yes!!
Reply 79
Original post by milz0
what did people get for that 5 marker adrenaline temperature question??

i said adrenaline hormone is realesd which causes the heart rate to increase pumping more blood to ur muscles causing u to start shavering so it lowers the temperature

Latest

Trending

Trending