The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 2 (Higher Tier Combined) 8464/2H - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by milz0
what did people get for that 5 marker adrenaline temperature question??

i think its something to do with increased heart rate
but...
i wrote about how adrenaline is secreted from the adrenal gland which causes a 'flight or fight' response in the body so the body knows its in danger so works faster to increase the body temperature back to normal and when it is back to normal, the adrenal gland stops secreting adrenaline
Reply 81
what did u guys get for the mean rate where you had a graph?
i got 0.375 some how please reply
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by rse234
To be fair blood glucose conc. was on last years paper and we did have a 5 mark punnet square which was good. i see where you are coming from though, the last page was hard

the 5 mark punnet square was AMAZING!!!! BASICALLY GIVING MARKS
ngl best exam ive ever taken...
Reply 84
Original post by taylor2317
ngl best exam ive ever taken...

what did u write for the mean rate in the graph question
guys what percentage do you think would give a grade 8-7 this year? are the grade boundaries gonna b low? im scared man
Original post by lolarose839834
guys what percentage do you think would give a grade 8-7 this year? are the grade boundaries gonna b low? im scared man

what grade u workin' at now?
Reply 87
guys what percentage do you think would give a grade 8-7 this year? are the grade boundaries gonna b low?

i think its gonna be 200 out of 420
so that's like 47%
Original post by Omar21lm
so that's like 47%

woah that’s low where did u get this idea from ?
Reply 89
Original post by idk_howtorevise
5.5% * 37= 2.035
37-2.035=34.965
to 2 sf =35

Dude! I did all that but I didn't round it up! I got 34 instead, does anyone know how many marks I'll get out of the 4?
Reply 90
if you showed all of your working probably 2 or a 3, I did the same :frown:

(Original post by ji5y4wht)Dude! I did all that but I didn't round it up! I got 34 instead, does anyone know how many marks I'll get out of the 4?
Reply 91
Original post by AnAceCase
if you showed all of your working probably 2 or a 3, I did the same :frown:

(Original post by ji5y4wht)Dude! I did all that but I didn't round it up! I got 34 instead, does anyone know how many marks I'll get out of the 4?

No worries either than we both might've lost a mark or two! 😭
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Cvbjjj
I got 36.95, how did u get 35😭

rounded to 2 significant figures is 35
Reply 93
Aww, if I only mentioned the methane thing and global warming and how it reduced biodiversity (as theres more of only one type of species now so community would be imbalanced) how many marks ud think id get?
Original post by greendinobear
I put that cows produce methane which contributes to global warming. The food for the cows needs to be transported which will pollute the air and also that deforestation to create space for cattle farming. It was ok for me as it was basically just the geography exam I did last week!
Reply 94
Original post by rse234
To be fair blood glucose conc. was on last years paper and we did have a 5 mark punnet square which was good. i see where you are coming from though, the last page was hard

Fair enough for BGC. But why nothing on the nervous system? I mean they could've done question 2 on the nervous system instead of that stupid antibiotic resistance about C. difficile.
Reply 95
Original post by Omar21lm
so that's like 47%

That would be SUCH A GOOD OUTCOME. Hopefully I'd get that, but we don't know. I'm just hoping I get a 7-7 so I can take A-level Bio :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by da1708
Fair enough for BGC. But why nothing on the nervous system? I mean they could've done question 2 on the nervous system instead of that stupid antibiotic resistance about C. difficile.

Yeahhh there wasn’t even a 1 marker on any of it i thought there would be a 4 marker on reflex arc. i guess they have to ignore stuff though for other years. such as the ruler drop which i also thought would come up
Reply 97

only 2/3 through science but i’d say maybe 211? depends how physics and chemistry are
Reply 98
Original post by ammonium_nitrate
It definitely was mate we'll see who gets the last laugh when you get a low grade 'lol'

You didn't read the question properly pal the table had "total number of people who had IVF" so you had to subtract successful from that and work out the ratio which was 3:7
What do you guys think a 7 is out of 70? Half the marks?

Latest

Trending

Trending