The Student Room Group

Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Triple Higher Tier 16th May 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NidPai
what did you guys get for the multiple choice on heart? all my friends got A C but i don’t think i got that, i may have confused what’s right and left??

I got A and C but after doing some research I think its B and C I dunno thoo
Reply 81
Original post by littlenebulae
for the math question [i think it was 1.4 or 1.5] i got 1.44 ??

should've multiplied by 1000 to get 1440

Original post by Blazing_Legend
What did you all put for the graph question about blockage - like the 1 marker where you had to estimate at 35% blockage?
Reply 83
About the one which talks about the cow fighting against the pathogen. I talked about how B lympocytes produces anti-toxins and antibodies with the phagocytes engulf the cell onces the anti-bodies deactivate the pathogen. Was i correct?
Reply 84
for the culturing bacteria question i put (for my two aseptic techniques):
1. sterilise all equipment uesd including the work bench
2. pass inoculating flame through a bunsen burner

then there was like a question about how the scientist could decide which antibiotic was better for salmonella? i put measure the diameter of inhibition zone not sure abt that one tho?
Reply 85
(Original post by Caotica)I got A and C but after doing some research I think its B and C I dunno thoo

what was the second question again? The one where you said the answer is C
Reply 86
there was a question about how vaccinating the chicken will stop it from getting diseased and how it will also stop it from being passed on to humans what did ppl put? it was a 4 marker
Reply 87
Original post by Caotica
I'm useless at remembering question numbers but there was one near the beginning that was like why do they use berries and not leaves or roots. I think the answer was that the berries could be extracted without hindering growth of the plant

it was 1.4
Reply 88
Original post by FFFFFWR

then there was like a question about how the scientist could decide which antibiotic was better for salmonella? i put measure the diameter of inhibition zone not sure abt that one tho?

I said sterilising all the equipment and wearing gloves. Is wearing gloves one?
Still going through the thread, this is what I have so far ^
Reply 90
Original post by Rohama.alihru

Reply 91
Original post by 04MR17
Sexual takes longer
Sexual has genetic variation
Sexual uses more energy
Asexual has genetically identical offspring/daughter vells
Asexual takes less time
Asexual uses less energy

Could you also say, sexual means there is more room for the organisms to adapt? As asexual reproduction only relies on mutations which are much rarer
Reply 92
Original post by FFFFFWR

I put that as well, but im not sure if you have to mention calculating the area
Reply 93
Original post by 04MR17
Still going through the thread, this is what I have so far ^

yeah you've got a lot of it,
what was the answer to Why can scientists grow bacteria at 35C but students grow bacteria at 25C? (3 marks)
and for this question : Describe 2 effects of Anaerobic respiration on the body? (4 marks)
i only could think of one point: being that lactic acid is produced what was the other point?
Reply 94
Can you say sexual requires fustian of gamete, form genetically variation offspring and less easier to be wiped out by new pathogens or diseases?
Reply 95
for the berries one i said that plants put their products in their fruit
was i right??
Original post by littlenebulae
for the math question [i think it was 1.4 or 1.5] i got 1.44 ??

You had to convert the g to mg
Reply 97
Original post by fatimas01
for the berries one i said that plants put their products in their fruit
was i right??

the table showed that leafs and roots also has the chemical
Ye I talked about sexual reproduction cause of variation in offspring where as the asexual reproduction causes genetically identical offspring
Also , the asexual reproduction involves mixing of genetic material ( gametes) and asexual reproduction copies the DNA
Sexual reproduction involves the cell division of meiosis
Whereas asexual reproduction involves the cell division of mitosis
Reply 99
what do people predict the question will be for romeo and juliet and jekyll and hyde?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending