The Student Room Group

Chemistry 1C june 2023 exam 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by themonke
Subtract final mass from mass of crucible to get mass of anhydrous sodium sulfate
Subtract final mass from initial to get mass of water evaporated
Do mass/Mr for both to find moles of each
put it in a ratio of water:sodium sulfate (I think it was 0.25:0.025) and divide by the smallest number
you will get a ratio of 10:1 so x = 10

Do you remember what mass of anhydrous sodium sulfate was? I used 8.5g and then 4.5g for water but my final answer was 4
Reply 21
Original post by itayrofe
yea i got -3594.13 i think cus i rounded to 0.00409 moles

i didn't include a sign, does that mean i get 4/5 marks? (i would be so happy, i had no idea what i was doing on that question and got the same number)
Reply 22
Original post by hersfan78
i didn't include a sign, does that mean i get 4/5 marks? (i would be so happy, i had no idea what i was doing on that question and got the same number)

We Had to include the sign. it said so on the Question itself. so yea probably you'd get 4/5
Reply 23
Original post by jrc_103
Do you remember what mass of anhydrous sodium sulfate was? I used 8.5g and then 4.5g for water but my final answer was 4

oh yea you 8.05g was for the both water and the anyhdrouds sodium sulfate but for the sodium thing alone it was 3.55g and 4.05g for water so 8.05 was fro both combined
Reply 24
Original post by itayrofe
Chat about revision, questions and answers regarding the igcse chemistry paper 1 exam

Hope that I'm not bothering you, but do you happen to know where I could get the past paper 1C and 2C of June 2023 for IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry?
Thank you for your help.
Reply 25
Original post by Sarah2605
Hope that I'm not bothering you, but do you happen to know where I could get the past paper 1C and 2C of June 2023 for IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry?
Thank you for your help.

my bad for the late reply. not usually on here. yea, i have a few sites and files with all the recent past papers. including 23 and 24 papers. add me on discord, zriziii

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending