The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 2 (9PL0 02) 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The post is just being reviewed now cause I tried to attach it 3 different ways and kept getting error messages :confused: and now only possible way seems to be via a google drive link
Reply 21
Original post by ALMO42
The one in the 2022 AS Paper 2 which is pretty similar to that tbf
'How far do you agree that the UK's membership of the European Union has had a considerable impact on the UK political system?'

I also happen to have the mark scheme for that paper so I'll see if I can post that in here to maybe show points that could be made.

They changed the spec around the EU in December 2022 so this might not be relevant now. Have a check they just Google 'Edexcel politics EU'
Does anyone have a good list of non-past paper questions for feminism? I know that the past paper questions are good to practice but would rather any unassessed questions that anyone has

Thanks
anyone got any good revision for paper 2? the ones i use are confusing and paper 2 is my absolute worst!
Reply 24
Original post by crackedscale
Does anyone have a good list of non-past paper questions for feminism? I know that the past paper questions are good to practice but would rather any unassessed questions that anyone has

Thanks

'To what extent do feminists agree that the personal is political?' has never explicitly come up.
Reply 25
Original post by henrybones
They changed the spec around the EU in December 2022 so this might not be relevant now. Have a check they just Google 'Edexcel politics EU'

From what I gather, the spec change is more about the workings of the EU itself and things like the 'four freedoms' and the extent of enlargement, as those things alone are simply irrelevant now that the UK has left.

'Component 2 section 4.3 has a clear focus. It is not on the operative institutions of the EU but rather how leaving the EU has had an impact on political life in the UK. It is a fact that the UK has left the EU, and the focus on Brexit as a popular political topic may decline in importance but there is a need to be aware of the impact that leaving the EU has had on contemporary political issues in the UK. The focus is on the current position, now that the UK is a former member of the EU.'

The original AS Paper 2 from 2018 had a 30 marker which was 'How far do you agree that the ‘four freedoms’ and the single market have brought positive benefits to the UK?' - something like this simply wouldn't come up anymore.

However, I still personally think they could potentially ask whether something like Brexit has had a positive impact on sovereignty or whatever, but who knows.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 26
Original post by ALMO42
From what I gather, the spec change is more about the workings of the EU itself and things like the 'four freedoms' and the extent of enlargement, as those things alone are simply irrelevant now that the UK has left.

'Component 2 section 4.3 has a clear focus. It is not on the operative institutions of the EU but rather how leaving the EU has had an impact on political life in the UK. It is a fact that the UK has left the EU, and the focus on Brexit as a popular political topic may decline in importance but there is a need to be aware of the impact that leaving the EU has had on contemporary political issues in the UK. The focus is on the current position, now that the UK is a former member of the EU.'

The original AS Paper 2 from 2018 had a 30 marker which was 'How far do you agree that the ‘four freedoms’ and the single market have brought positive benefits to the UK?' - something like this simply wouldn't come up anymore.

However, I still personally think they could potentially ask whether something like Brexit has had a positive impact on sovereignty or whatever, but who knows.

how would you even answer a question like that, Ive not covered the EU at all.
Reply 27
how would you even answer a question like that, Ive not covered the EU at all.

Which question? The one I quoted from the AS Paper you don't have to know - idek how I'd answer that haha. Are you asking about something based on sovereignty?
Reply 28
i'm so nervous for this one omg esp bc i think the eu's gonna come up
what r the chances we get another devolution question this year too? would it be risky to not revise it
Original post by randomaccount23
what r the chances we get another devolution question this year too? would it be risky to not revise it

They are a pretty common topic so I would definitely not risk it. At least have a brief couple of structures for a range of topics on it.
it did come up last year so idk if It might this year
Original post by ImFailingHard
They are a pretty common topic so I would definitely not risk it. At least have a brief couple of structures for a range of topics on it.
Reply 32
Does anyone have any idea of what the nationalism Questions could be or what is yet to be asked?
question... can we use theoretical evidences to support our weaker argument in the essay??? would it count as ao1
Reply 34
Original post by cabbage3232
question... can we use theoretical evidences to support our weaker argument in the essay??? would it count as ao1

can you give an example of what you mean
can you give an example of what you mean

idk maybe like saying that the constitution gives a chance for tyrannical governments to be elected, so they'll have a weaker mandate to govern, so overall undermining UK's legitimacy..
Would this be classed as evidence??
Original post by cabbage3232
idk maybe like saying that the constitution gives a chance for tyrannical governments to be elected, so they'll have a weaker mandate to govern, so overall undermining UK's legitimacy..
Would this be classed as evidence??

i think this counts more as AO2 (analysis)
kinda hoping some more ppl post on this forum with predictions
Reply 38
Something else that's quite niche but also never come up is the functions of parliament under spec point 2.1 -

'The main functions of the House of Commons and House of Lords and the extent to which these functions are fulfilled.'

That could be something like 'Evaluate the view that passing legislation is the most important function of parliament.' Though again it's kinda narrow and unlikely, they could have done a similar for Political Parties in Paper 1 (functions of parties) but that never came up so idk
Reply 39
Original post by nath909
So we're thinking that paper 2 is likely to mostly be on non-advanced info stuff- so probably not devolution or debates on further reform???

its sneakily linked to location of sovereignty since they will prolly ask this and use devolution for synopticy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending