The Student Room Group

A-level Politics Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Politics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey everyone!
i take psychology, english literature and government and politics (edexcel).
i enjoy the paper 2 topics.
i hope to attain 3A*s at the end of year 13 and study law next year!
Reply 2
Hey!!!
I'm taking History, Politics, Maths and Philosophy. My exam board for Politics is AQA. I'm not fully sure what I want to do when I'm older but I'll probably look somewhere towards the politics or law route.
Reply 3
Hi!
I'm doing History, Politics (Edexcel), English Literature and an EPQ. I'm hoping to study politics in some capacity at university, potentially alongside history.
Reply 4
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Based in NW London
Exam board: Edexcel
What I enjoy most: Political systems e.g. FPTP and other voting systems
Where I struggle: Not a struggle per se but I find some parts of ideologies incredibly tedious.
My other subjects are English and History
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Hi! I am a year 13 student currently studying politics (edexcel), French, Religious Studies and an EPQ. I hope to go on and study Politics and IR at uni!!
Reply 6
Original post by Pwca

Hey all. I am in year 13 and currently study economics, politics and sociology. I love US politics but not UK politics as much
Original post by Pwca

I am studying AQA Politics, History, French and EPQ.
I am hoping to study politics + French.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Poppyvdk05
Hey all. I am in year 13 and currently study economics, politics and sociology. I love US politics but not UK politics as much

Oh hey I’m year 12 and I do the same subjects what do you want to study in uni with them I’m so lost :/
Reply 9
Hi, I do history, politics (edexcel), psychology and epq. Global politics is my favourite, but what I sometimes struggle with is the Ideologies
The US congress is a more effective legislative than the UK parliament' Analyse and evaluate this claim (25 marks)

anyone know how to answer ?
Original post by Pwca

Hey guys, i do politics a-level and am currently failing. in my interim i managed to get a U. have you guys got any tips or anything?!!
Original post by lani_newacc
Hey guys, i do politics a-level and am currently failing. in my interim i managed to get a U. have you guys got any tips or anything?!!

Alan history nerd YouTube
seneca learning
quizlet
tutor2u
Reply 13
Original post by lani_newacc

Cannot recommend practising essay technique more - got me from a D to a B in my first and second set of assessments, and hoping for an A on the third.

Keep revising your AO1 knowledge - the more recent the examples, the more sophisticated you look, and all it takes is keeping an eye on the news.

And always think about what you're writing. Don't just write for the sake of it, think about all the analysis and evidence you're putting in before you do it - this is where planning can (emphasis on can) be useful.
Anyone have any ideas what the AQA politics a level paper 1 topics might be this year?
Original post by erin11
I am studying AQA Politics, History, French and EPQ.
I am hoping to study politics + French.

i want to study that combination too!! what unis are you looking at right now? I’m in year 12 and do politics (edexcel), french and english language and literature (a combined english course).
Original post by venu$thefl¥trap
i want to study that combination too!! what unis are you looking at right now? I’m in year 12 and do politics (edexcel), french and english language and literature (a combined english course).

Im in y13 and have offers from Bath, Manchester, Sheffield and University of London Institute in Paris for politics and French/international politics and French + an offer from KCL for european studies with French :smile: if you've got any questions, feel free to pm me
has anyone got any A* essay examples for feminism?
Original post by tyrah
hey everyone!
i take psychology, english literature and government and politics (edexcel).
i enjoy the paper 2 topics.
i hope to attain 3A*s at the end of year 13 and study law next year!
Omg. I do the exact same subjects too. I prefer English over everything thing else though
Does anyone have a template for the 30 markers for Edexcel politics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending