The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3B (9PL0 3B) -16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Anyone got any predictions for global?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
these are the predictions from politics teaching -

1a) Examine the weaknesses of the African Union and the Arab League (12 Marks)
1b) Examine the challenges of political and economic globalisation (12 Marks)

2) Analyse the positions of liberals and realists on significance of states in the global system (12 Marks)

3) Evaluate the view that global institutions do not provide an effective check on international human rights (30 Marks)
4) Evaluate the view that the process of globalisation has improved the issues of security, poverty, human rights and the environment (30 Marks)
5) Evaluate the view that China is no longer an emerging power and is instead a superpower (30 Marks)
Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 3B: Comparative Politics - Global Politics (9PL0 3B) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023/ AM
Length: 2h
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi,

Made this for 2023 Exexcel Global Politics!

Anyone got any predictions?

@Evil Homer @Pwca
Reply 4
my teacher predicted human rights / institutions helping environment and regionalism (ASEAN/NAFTA/AL/AU) etc
not sure abt questions but I saw someone predict liberals and realists about the state...? I think im remembering correctly
Reply 5
Does anyone have any global politics notes :u:
Reply 6
Any predictions on US politics?
Reply 7
Original post by JamesBeer
Any predictions on US politics?

Hey, this is the global paper thread.
This is the US paper 3 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361375
Reply 8
anyone have the 2022 global paper?
Reply 9
does anyone else feel like politics is marked really harsh? I hope it was just my teachers and examiners are nicer because I score really low on my essays and rarely get an A. I'm good at other subjects tho so idk why I find politics hard??
Reply 10
Original post by kdscunkducb
does anyone else feel like politics is marked really harsh? I hope it was just my teachers and examiners are nicer because I score really low on my essays and rarely get an A. I'm good at other subjects tho so idk why I find politics hard??

What other subjects do you do? Last year I was a straight A student, but didn’t really revise well enough for paper 2 in my AS exams and ended up with a B (other subjects were A). Part of it is that there is a difference in the structure you need to write a well formed essay in politics. You also have to continuously make mini conclusions when you make a point and counter-point as well as linking it to real life as well as you can. Also, its good to make a judgement straight-away and make that judgement obvious throughout
I hope this helps a little?? I can try and see if there is anything I can find but you will do amazingly don’t worry!
Thanks!! I do economics and math, both of which I got A* in. yeah the mini conclusions always knock a bunch of my eval marks off. its just so time constrained :frown:
Original post by 12rs05
What other subjects do you do? Last year I was a straight A student, but didn’t really revise well enough for paper 2 in my AS exams and ended up with a B (other subjects were A). Part of it is that there is a difference in the structure you need to write a well formed essay in politics. You also have to continuously make mini conclusions when you make a point and counter-point as well as linking it to real life as well as you can. Also, its good to make a judgement straight-away and make that judgement obvious throughout
I hope this helps a little?? I can try and see if there is anything I can find but you will do amazingly don’t worry!
Reply 12
Original post by kdscunkducb

i agree, politics tends to be marked harshly. Last year when I did my AS exam it was easier to gain marks than when I do mocks at school. Don't worry examiners tend to be a little more generous when giving marks.
Reply 13
I really hope this is the case... im terrified for global
Original post by ga2509
i agree, politics tends to be marked harshly. Last year when I did my AS exam it was easier to gain marks than when I do mocks at school. Don't worry examiners tend to be a little more generous when giving marks.
Reply 14
Does anyone think a 30-mark question as simple as "Evaluate the view that the UN has been successful in achieving its founding objectives." is likely to come up? Looking at past papers, the questions on paper 3 appear to be far more complex than the more "simple" debates that appear on papers 1 and 2. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that the questions often incorporate various chapters of the specification, unlike papers 1 and 2 which, for the most part, have questions that exclusively look at one chapter.
Reply 15
Anyone have any main focuses for paper 3?
Reply 16
I think a UN question could definitely come up but it seems like they're never that nice with their questions - only the 12 markers are specific
Original post by Ponnken
Does anyone think a 30-mark question as simple as "Evaluate the view that the UN has been successful in achieving its founding objectives." is likely to come up? Looking at past papers, the questions on paper 3 appear to be far more complex than the more "simple" debates that appear on papers 1 and 2. I believe this is mainly due to the fact that the questions often incorporate various chapters of the specification, unlike papers 1 and 2 which, for the most part, have questions that exclusively look at one chapter.
Reply 17
On the second question (12 marker on realists V liberals) how is the structure ie a question on their view of the state, its one paragraph of the realists view and one on liberals, what would the third paragraph be, similarities?

Or just how do u structure them
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 18
out of all the topics if i dont revise one lets say the environment, is it likely that we could get two 30 markers on the environment? we were never taught it in class and i just dont get it and i also have 2 other exams before politics so i was thinking i should just focus on the other topics and skip the environment
hi does any one have a realist and liberal essay plan on the differences between the an archical society and society of States

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending