The Student Room Group

The CAS Letter

Congratulations on making it to the next step of your UK higher Education journey! :congrats:
As international students, we have to go through several different stages before arriving in the UK. One of those stages is receiving the CAS Letter. Here’s a quick run down to explain the CAS letter and the process to receive it.

What is a CAS Letter?

According to the UK Government, a CAS letter is the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies. It is an electronic document that confirms that your university of choice wishes to sponsor your study in the UK. It generates a reference number you’ll need when applying for your visa. It also outlines several key pieces of information about your studies. This includes and is not limited to:

Your name

Your Course Title

Course Start and End Date

Tuition fee

Payments made towards your course

Scholarship (if awarded)

Expiry Date of the CAS

What are the requirements for the CAS letter?

There are several requirements that need to be completed before receiving the CAS letter. Here are some of the most common requirements:

50% tuition deposit

Successful credibility interview

Unconditional offer

Proof of English language proficiency

How long does it take?

Once you have submitted all the required documents outlined by your admissions team and made your tuition deposit, it should take on average 3 weeks to receive the letter. My advice is the sooner you submit the documents and make the payments, the sooner you are to receive your CAS.

What next?

You need the CAS Letter in order to submit a visa application and you must do so within 6 months of receiving the CAS letter. Remember that if you are applying outside of the UK, you can apply for your student visa 6 months before you start your course. On the other hand, if you are applying from inside the UK you can apply 3 months before your course starts.

Waiting on your CAS letter can be quite an anxious time. I remember feeling like pulling my hair out :nutcase:because i'm quite the worrier :laugh: but the wait was worth it. If you are struggling, don’t hesitate to contact your university’s international team as they will guide you through the process as they are aware of how stressful it can be for international students.

You’re almost there! Hang in there! You got this! Your journey to UK higher education is almost over and then you’ll start a new journey of being in the UK. If you have any tips or advice on CAS Letters, don’t hesitate to share them in the comment section.

All the best!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending