The Student Room Group

DSA laptop quote

I recently got a list of everything I'm getting for dsa, and for my laptop it just says 'WKH notebook', with no info on its processor or anything. I'm doing a computer science degree so i'd like to know what it is i'm getting so i can decide if i need to to upgrade it or not! I have a reference number for it but that doesn't rly seem to help!
Reply 1
I believe this is the standard one they give out ‘WKH Notebook
WKH15.6" - Min. Spec - Intel i5 10th generation or AMD Ryzen 5 4000, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Onboard Graphics Win 10 - 64 Bit (Max 2.0kg)’ so changes are for a CS degree you will need to upgrade
Reply 2
thank you so much!! sorry to put more on you, but if you have time, what kind of things should i request for an upgrade? i know to upgrade the processor to i7 but beyond that i'm pretty clueless!!
Reply 3
Original post by andr0meda
thank you so much!! sorry to put more on you, but if you have time, what kind of things should i request for an upgrade? i know to upgrade the processor to i7 but beyond that i'm pretty clueless!!

You can contact the supplier and ask directly. They can quote you for upgrades. I upgraded mine to have more RAM, and got a Dragon headset instead of the standard model. No doubt the supplier will be able to make suggestions, or recommend a different model altogether, as the usually have a catalogue of stuff, and if they don't have what you want, they can get it for you. It was fairly straightforward and you get good customer service too. I think the company that I went through was Remtek, but you will have the details somewhere in your info because the provider will need to be contacted to provide software introduction and installation support.
Original post by andr0meda
I recently got a list of everything I'm getting for dsa, and for my laptop it just says 'WKH notebook', with no info on its processor or anything. I'm doing a computer science degree so i'd like to know what it is i'm getting so i can decide if i need to to upgrade it or not! I have a reference number for it but that doesn't rly seem to help!

I'm in Wales and they gave me the option to pay to upgrade my laptop. They even offered a gaming laptop but it cost £700. I opted to pay £200 for a faster laptop. I'm sure you could contact the people supplying the laptop to ask about the specs and if there's other options available to upgrade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending