The Student Room Group

DSA Laptops

Are you allowed to put stickers or decorate your laptop once it arrives?
Original post by KadyHedgehog67
Are you allowed to put stickers or decorate your laptop once it arrives?

Hey! You can! it's your laptop to keep now :thumbsup:
I have a DSA laptop myself and its pretty good for playing video games on (as well as my uni work :biggrin:) :hide:
(edited 1 month ago)
I didn’t know they gave u laptops….
Original post by Chronoscope
Hey! You can! it's your laptop to keep now :thumbsup:
I have a DSA laptop myself and its pretty good for playing video games on (as well as my uni work :biggrin:) :hide:
Hi, what laptop did they give you? I'm waiting for my report to be approved and I've been sent the spec of my laptop however I have no idea what make or model its going to be
Original post by amberoley
Hi, what laptop did they give you? I'm waiting for my report to be approved and I've been sent the spec of my laptop however I have no idea what make or model its going to be

Hi!

Do you know who you're supplier is? (I think most people get Barry Bennett) BB's standard laptop is I think is a Lenovo.

Laptop vs Mac specs: https://www.barrybennett.co.uk/student/upgrade-your-dsa-funded-computer.php
Current model: https://dsastore.barrybennett.co.uk/wkh15-current.html

I ended up upgrading from the standard one to a 2 in 1 convertible, but you do have to pay the difference.
You can also upgrade to a Mac if you use the Apple ecosystem, but it might be cheaper using Apple's Education Store student discount and purchasing yourself as it might be cheaper. Apparently, I believe you can also purchase from places like Curry's etc, and DSA will reimburse you (check with DSA first), but I'm not quite sure how that works regarding the software part as I think then you have to download the DSA software yourself.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ebyrne2036
I didn’t know they gave u laptops….

Mostly, it's because laptops need a specific specification requirement so the assistive software can run properly, e.g. so it doesn't run dead slowly. You do have to contribute at least £200 though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest