The Student Room Group

A-level Physics Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PAT_22
Hi! I got 4A* in Physics, Maths, Chem, FM, got into Oxford for physics! I can share my general tips and tricks for studying, the application process, etc. :smile:

that'd be helpful
Reply 41
Original post by Myusername23
Hi, boy could I use your help, infact if I could borrow your brain for a while that would be great. I'm currently doing A Level Physics, Maths and Design Engineering, I'm applying for Engineering Degree Apprenticeships atm, infact have managed to secure an offer, so the pressure really is on! Any general advice on revision styles, tips, revision resources etc would be greatly appreciated 👍

Hi there,
I am a Y12 student also studying Maths, Physics and Design technology. Can you please give me any revision tips as sometimes Maths and Physics got me in a headlock.
Also if you don't mind sharing what degree apprenticeship did you apply for?
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the A-level Physics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:
You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.
A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?
Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

AQA A Level physics

Hi, I recently sat the 2023 paper 2 as a part of mock exam preparations, whilst revising for the paper I did loads of PPQs and the 2022, 2020, 2019 and 2018 papers. When sitting the 2023 paper I thought that none or very little were similar types of questions that have been asked previously. As I understand it in the 2023 exams AQA did change the types of questions asked to revolve more around problem solving compared to application of knowledge (correct me if I am wrong)

My question is, how am I supposed to revise exam technique or revise in general for these new papers because at the moment I don’t seem to see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
hi guys, has anyone figured out a pattern for the as edexcel physics past papers? questions which are recurring, specific topics that always come up?
Anyone got tips for practical papers? (except for practice...have practiced alot)
Original post by PAT_22
Hi! I got 4A* in Physics, Maths, Chem, FM, got into Oxford for physics! I can share my general tips and tricks for studying, the application process, etc. :smile:

Hey, could you please help with some exam techniques, I am doing IAL and physics unit 1 is really hard but I understand the topics but can't attempt the exam please help exams are in 10 days

Quick Reply

Latest