The Student Room Group

Would anybody like to form an AS study group?

Hi, I'm Kiera, and I'm a first year college student who takes A level Chemistry, Biology and Business Studies in the hopes of studying medicine. I was wondering whether there was anybody else interested in forming a small scale study group for any of these subjects, as some of the larger ones on here are not specifically medicine oriented. I thought it would be a great opportunity to share resources, talk about the course and future opportunities. Thanks very much for your time! :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Original post by K.online.
Hi, I'm Kiera, and I'm a first year college student who takes A level Chemistry, Biology and Business Studies in the hopes of studying medicine. I was wondering whether there was anybody else interested in forming a small scale study group for any of these subjects, as some of the larger ones on here are not specifically medicine oriented. I thought it would be a great opportunity to share resources, talk about the course and future opportunities. Thanks very much for your time! :smile:

Hey,
I would not mind that. I am a year 12 student also hoping to go into medicine studying Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
Reply 3
Hi! I'm a year 12 taking AQA A level Biology & Chemistry and Edexcel Maths and am also aiming for medicine. I would love to form a study group! I think that's what I need actually bcos I procrastinate quite alot and I think I would work better if I know there are people who are willing to study seriously with me. But how would the study group work? (I've never joined any study groups on here so I wouldn't really know)
Hiya, depending on how it works I wouldnt mind at all. I take bio, chem and psych btw
Reply 5
Original post by lyeenah
Hi! I'm a year 12 taking AQA A level Biology & Chemistry and Edexcel Maths and am also aiming for medicine. I would love to form a study group! I think that's what I need actually bcos I procrastinate quite alot and I think I would work better if I know there are people who are willing to study seriously with me. But how would the study group work? (I've never joined any study groups on here so I wouldn't really know)
Hey, I'm so sorry it took so long for a response. I entirely forgot about the existence of the study room until I was using it to understand a chemistry question (my bad!). I do OCR for both sciences, however I don't believe the curriculum is THAT different, and as a fellow procrastinator (ugh) I feel your pain. I also felt as if I would be more motivated to study alongside people as ambitious as myself. If you're still interested, I'd love to find a way for us all to chat in a little group! :biggrin: I realise you might have already found people by now though 😪
Reply 6
Original post by Tatakae L
Hiya, depending on how it works I wouldnt mind at all. I take bio, chem and psych btw
I have absolutely zero idea how to make it work if I'm completely honest, but if you've got any ideas I'm open to suggestions. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, but I'd love to do that if you're still interested! What exam board do you take (not that it should matter)?
Reply 7
Original post by lilysilly_5454
Hey,
I would not mind that. I am a year 12 student also hoping to go into medicine studying Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
Someone else who responded to the post is also doing psychology as well! If you're still interested (and when I find a way to make this work) I'd love to form the group officially. Sorry for the long wait for a response; end of term is always hectic for me.😓💀 I did a little bit of psychology over last summer so I might remember bits here and there as well, but my main subjects are ofc biology and chem. How are you finding the courses so far?
I have absolutely zero idea how to make it work if I'm completely honest, but if you've got any ideas I'm open to suggestions. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, but I'd love to do that if you're still interested! What exam board do you take (not that it should matter)?
Hi, don't worry its completely fine.
You could either do it on here, how the tsr study group is or we could do it on something like google chats? But for that we would have to have eachothers emails so it would work. But its completly up to you and the others.

I take OCR A for chem and AQA for bio, hbu
is the group still on? if its not formed we could do it on discord or sum
Original post by yuyrujagth
is the group still on? if its not formed we could do it on discord or sum

I don’t think it was formed. I would not mind doing it on discord though.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending