The Student Room Group
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website

The Official Wrexham Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Wrexham University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Wrexham University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Wrexham.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Wrexham Glyndŵr do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Wrexham specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dang, where is everyone? Are any there Dietetics students/applicants?
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Dang, where is everyone? Are any there Dietetics students/applicants?

Hello!

I will be interviewing for the dietetics course next week, excited but nervous!
Reply 3
who else got an interview for paramedic science? i did mine yesterday
Not paramedic science but I had my occupational therapy interview Saturday, so was probably in a similar group? Not too sure how many more interviews there are or when we’ll hear back though which is nerve racking!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Not paramedic science but I had my occupational therapy interview Saturday, so was probably in a similar group? Not too sure how many more interviews there are or when we’ll hear back though which is nerve racking!
There were people doing occupational therapy there too. So maybe similar!!
Yeah seemed it was a mixture of all the allied health interviews so physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, dietetics etc hoping we all hear soon but based on how many people where there I think it’s unlikely!
Yeah seemed it was a mixture of all the allied health interviews so physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, dietetics etc hoping we all hear soon but based on how many people where there I think it’s unlikely!
When did you go? I might’ve seen you!!
I was there Saturday morning. How about you? How did you find it?
I was there Saturday morning. How about you? How did you find it?
I was there Saturday afternoon!! I found it.. different to what I expected. It was good though! They all seemed amazing. I’m unsure if I’ll get in though..
Yeah everyone was so nice and definitely tried to put you at ease which was definitely appreciated! I have no clue either, but fingers crossed we hear soon!
Reply 11
Original post by georgiah2024
Hello!

I will be interviewing for the dietetics course next week, excited but nervous!
Hi!

I'll be going to my interview later on this week, any tips/hints you can suggest?
How was the interview conducted?

Hope to see you as a student with me!
Original post by Shade23
Hi!

I'll be going to my interview later on this week, any tips/hints you can suggest?
How was the interview conducted?

Hope to see you as a student with me!
Hi, if you look above I’ve listed a few of the questions. Just be confident and polite I say. I got rejected sadly, but always next time :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, if you look above I’ve listed a few of the questions. Just be confident and polite I say. I got rejected sadly, but always next time :smile:

Hi sorry about that, I'm sure you will be successful next time and at least you have an idea of the structure of the interview for next time. How long between your interview and hearing back was it?
I interviewed two weeks ago tomorrow and am yet to hear back. But not too sure if it depends on your course specifically even though everyone on my day had Allied interviews
Has anyone else heard back from an Allied interview?
Has anyone else heard back from an Allied interview?

Nope still waiting, have you received anything?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Nope still waiting, have you received anything?
They’ll most probably give you a response once all interviews are done :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous #3
They’ll most probably give you a response once all interviews are done :smile:)

No still nothing unfortunately. When did you interview? I’m not sure when the final interviews are in terms of a timeline of when we might find out?
Reply 19
No still nothing unfortunately. When did you interview? I’m not sure when the final interviews are in terms of a timeline of when we might find out?

They said 6 weeks after interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending