The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Bristol Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Bristol.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Law
nope
pretty excited ig
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
HI. Are we having an applicant offer etc thread>
Reply 3
modern languages
p sure i missed them all lol so no
excited and nervous !!
I got an offer for physics with astrophysics today
Reply 5
Original post by aarcs
modern languages
p sure i missed them all lol so no
excited and nervous !!

just received an offer yesterday, contextual so BBC :cool:
Is anyone applying for chemistry? Just would love to know when people are going t start getting offers for it
I'd applied for veterinary medicine, fingers crossed I get the offer
Original post by sandrasandi
I got an offer for physics with astrophysics today

when did you submit your application?
Reply 9
I've applied for Veterinary Science, both the 5 year undergrad and 4 year graduate entry. Really hoping to be accepted onto the course & very excited!
Reply 10
I just heard back today that I got waitlisted for the neuroscience Bsc course (I applied 3 days ago). I’m kinda disappointed as I have already achieved my grades (A*AA). I understand waitlisting when it’s people with predicted grades but I feel like it’s a bad sign that I’ve been waitlisted with my actual grades. Am I overthinking it?
Original post by gt4
I just heard back today that I got waitlisted for the neuroscience Bsc course (I applied 3 days ago). I’m kinda disappointed as I have already achieved my grades (A*AA). I understand waitlisting when it’s people with predicted grades but I feel like it’s a bad sign that I’ve been waitlisted with my actual grades. Am I overthinking it?

i don't think it's a bad sign, bristol put lots of people on hold, so that it's fair for people who apply later on. their selection is also 20% gcse and 80% a level, and i don't think achieved grades give an advantage. i also applied for neuroscience, but as a 5th for medicine
Original post by RRID
I've applied for Veterinary Science, both the 5 year undergrad and 4 year graduate entry. Really hoping to be accepted onto the course & very excited!

Ah nice! Have you finished your saq? I haven't even started yet 😭
Original post by gt4

I got put on hold for a chemistry course too and so have three other people i know applying to bristol, dont worry its not a bad sign.
Original post by lee_miller7
when did you submit your application?

october 10th
Reply 15
Original post by stephanieexx
Is anyone applying for chemistry? Just would love to know when people are going t start getting offers for it

applied for chemistry on the 15th, but I'm international so i probably will end up getting offers/rejections later rip
Original post by gt4

Don't worry, I have 3A* achieved and 1A* predicted and I'm on hold for aerospace, Bristol seemingly just puts everyone on hold for popular courses or something
Reply 17
Original post by Jannet2ester
Ah nice! Have you finished your saq? I haven't even started yet 😭

Yeah I submitted it last Friday. I spent ages thinking about what to write and decided to just sit down and crack on with it... It's a massive relief having it submitted though and fingers crossed it is what they're looking for! Once you've got it in it's then just the waiting to hear back from them but you at least know you have done everything you can :biggrin: ! Good luck with writing your answers!
Original post by RRID
Yeah I submitted it last Friday. I spent ages thinking about what to write and decided to just sit down and crack on with it... It's a massive relief having it submitted though and fingers crossed it is what they're looking for! Once you've got it in it's then just the waiting to hear back from them but you at least know you have done everything you can :biggrin: ! Good luck with writing your answers!

Ah that's amazing! Have Bristol got back to recently?
Reply 19
Original post by Jannet2ester
Ah that's amazing! Have Bristol got back to recently?

I've not heard anything since submitting the SAQ, but I'll let you know if that changes :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending