The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Official University of St Andrews Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #98
most people I know that have applied have got their offers. but yours will definitely come through soon!!

For which subject? 🙂
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Onthebin
For which subject? 🙂

For Chemistry.
Original post by Anonymous #98
i got my offer around a month ago

Congratulations
My daughter got rejected from Marine Biology today. She didn’t want to show me email cause she’s gutted. But the wording was something along the lines of ‘we are withdrawing your Application’. For people who have received rejections have they had similar wording? I don’t want to ask her more about it at the moment.
Original post by Anonymous #61
My daughter got rejected from Marine Biology today. She didn’t want to show me email cause she’s gutted. But the wording was something along the lines of ‘we are withdrawing your Application’. For people who have received rejections have they had similar wording? I don’t want to ask her more about it at the moment.

i have never heard wording like that before... sounds like they found something fraudulent in her application, unless that wasn't the wording and you misread it
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Anonymous #61

I didn't get an email from St Andrews, only the one from UCAS to notify of a decision. On UCAS, it states that the application was unsuccessful/withdrawn/full. It would be worth checking if that's the email she meant, as otherwise that does sound unusual.

I was also gutted, but it does pass. Unfortunately (as mentioned earlier in the thread) it seems like fees are playing a larger role than usual this year, which makes sense as StA is very small and needs the funding. Scottish and (less so) UK students with unbeatable grades are getting burned left right and centre. Of course it's a competitive university, but it does seem to be especially brutal this round. Good luck to your daughter wherever she ends up!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Nessie11111
Anyone heard anything about Chemistry? Rejections, Offers - anyone else applied?

Yeah I got an offer. Predicted 3A* and got 7A* 2As at GCSE. I’m a RUK student but qualify for home fee status so I guess I’m classed as a home student?
Reply 1227
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i have never heard wording like that before... sounds like they found something fraudulent in her application, unless that wasn't the wording and you misread it

Thank you for taking time to reply I will ask her in the
Morning
Reply 1228
Original post by PembaPup
I didn't get an email from St Andrews, only the one from UCAS to notify of a decision. On UCAS, it states that the application was unsuccessful/withdrawn/full. It would be worth checking if that's the email she meant, as otherwise that does sound unusual.
I was also gutted, but it does pass. Unfortunately (as mentioned earlier in the thread) it seems like fees are playing a larger role than usual this year, which makes sense as StA is very small and needs the funding. Scottish and (less so) UK students with unbeatable grades are getting burned left right and centre. Of course it's a competitive university, but it does seem to be especially brutal this round. Good luck to your daughter wherever she ends up!

Thank you for your response, it does feel odd, i will check it with her tmw as when she did read out the message it sounded strange to be honest. Many thanks for your words of support, wishing you all happiness
Original post by Be48
Thank you for your response, it does feel odd, i will check it with her tmw as when she did read out the message it sounded strange to be honest. Many thanks for your words of support, wishing you all happiness

Get her to check on UCAS, as it should say ‘Your application to University of St Andrews for (whichever course) has either been unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full. You will no longer be considered for this place.’. Then when you click into it it should say unsuccessful, and then you can click ‘view reason’ and it will have some blurb about why, ours said about how competitive it was this year. When I checked the StA portal it said the same reason against it
so i guess it'll be silence over the next four days?
Hey, I just wanted to pop in and say I hope that you all have a nice Easter break and don’t study too hard. Make sure you get a rest as well😁
Reply 1232
Original post by Anonymous #68

Not necessarily. Lectures still happening today and Monday at the uni so admissions staff may well still be working too. Scotland has a different approach to Easter holidays!
Original post by Anonymous #68

i hope thats not the case, but i'm guessing it is the case with it being Good Friday and Monday being Easter holiday. Unless people have had any results come out today so far, I'd say the waiting game continues.....
It’s not a bank holiday here in Scotland today. Monday is, but admissions staff could well be working. Whether that means offers or rejections come out is a different story. Though the offer holder day is fast approaching for those of us still waiting.
I got a PhD scholarship!!! The decisions are defo being released today 😊
Original post by Anonymous #107

Congratulations!
Edinburgh are sending out decisions today! Decisions are on the way :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous #107
Amazing! congratulations! i am waiting on undergrad international scholarship decisions....fingers crossed. Still says "with committee" for me
Original post by Anonymous #112
Amazing! congratulations! i am waiting on undergrad international scholarship decisions....fingers crossed. Still says "with committee" for me

Same here! Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending