The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Official University of Aberdeen Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #4
hi i'm also worried about accomodation because of some health issues! i have a conditional offer and i'm wondering if i firm my offer then will i be able to mark my interest for accomodation immediately or will the student numbers be sent after the ucas deadline even if i have already got an offer?

Hi, I'll try to explain the process as I understand it! So we aren't sending out student ID numbers just yet, but it won't be quite as late as the UCAS deadline that these get sent out. Student ID numbers are mainly sent out to unconditional offer holders but if you get in contact we may be able to provide you one as a conditional offer holder if you accept your offer. Once you have this you can indeed note an interest in accommodation but won't be able to book until you are unconditional.
I would suggest getting in contact with [email protected] or [email protected] to let them know about your health related accommodation requirements so they can give you a fuller answer. I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi, I'll try to explain the process as I understand it! So we aren't sending out student ID numbers just yet, but it won't be quite as late as the UCAS deadline that these get sent out. Student ID numbers are mainly sent out to unconditional offer holders but if you get in contact we may be able to provide you one as a conditional offer holder if you accept your offer. Once you have this you can indeed note an interest in accommodation but won't be able to book until you are unconditional.
I would suggest getting in contact with [email protected] or [email protected] to let them know about your health related accommodation requirements so they can give you a fuller answer. I hope this helps but do let me know if you have any questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

yes thank you it was helpful! then can I ask when the ID numbers will be sent generally? if I firm my offer I will be sure to email promptly also.
Original post by Anonymous #4
yes thank you it was helpful! then can I ask when the ID numbers will be sent generally? if I firm my offer I will be sure to email promptly also.

We should hopefully start sending them out at some point in the next few weeks but don't have an exact date confirmed yet. They'll be sent out in batches roughly in the order of when individuals accepted their offer with us, so don't be concerned if you don't receive yours immediately. Hope this helps!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Daughter got offer for English last week.
I got an unconditional offer a couple of weeks ago. How do I register for the offer holder day? I haven’t received an email about it yet
Original post by Anonymous #6
I got an unconditional offer a couple of weeks ago. How do I register for the offer holder day? I haven’t received an email about it yet
Congratulations on your offer! So our Offer Holder Day is on the 24th of April. We haven't sent out registering information just yet and you'll receive this closer to the time. In the meantime you can view more information here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/offerholder.php
If you're not able to come for this and want to visit another time we'd be happy to advise you on joining a campus visit another time. You can find out more information about this here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/campus-visit.php

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Congratulations on your offer! So our Offer Holder Day is on the 24th of April. We haven't sent out registering information just yet and you'll receive this closer to the time. In the meantime you can view more information here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/offerholder.php
If you're not able to come for this and want to visit another time we'd be happy to advise you on joining a campus visit another time. You can find out more information about this here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/campus-visit.php

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Thanks for the info!
Got an offer for geosciences starting september 24, just wanted to see if anyone’s doing the same course or similar?
Just received an offer for a PhD in Linguistics at Aberdeen for the upcoming year. :smile: Does anyone have a WhatsApp or Facebook group going yet?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by TheUKAmerican
Just received an offer for a PhD in Linguistics at Aberdeen for the upcoming year. :smile: Does anyone have a WhatsApp or Facebook group going yet?
Congratulations on your offer! Just wanted to jump in here to say that sharing offsite contact information is against the Student Room policy for privacy reasons, but there are still a lot of ways to connect with other students though. Conversations can continue on site, either on the thread here or through direct messages.

For Undergraduates, you should receive details at some point to join a facebook group for incoming students which will also connect you with people starting this year. Once you're here in Aberdeen there will also be the chance to meet whoever you're in accommodation with if in halls as well as a bunch of events for all new students like the Freshers ceilidh and your first few classes. There are also a huge range of student societies who will run events during welcome week. Sports societies often have give-it-a-go sessions and subject/interest based subjects will have meet and greets and welcome events planned also. You can have a look at the student societies here: https://www.ausa.org.uk/getinvolved/activities/

I hope this has some helpful information for you but if you have any questions or want more pointers on meeting people then I'd be very happy to help!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Also anyone want added to our Aberdeen group chat on snap just send me a private message :smile:
Accepted a conditional offer, but worried about accommodation. Do you think by results day there will still be a chance of getting en suite accommodation?
Original post by sprocketrocket99
Also anyone want added to our Aberdeen group chat on snap just send me a private message :smile:

me please
Anyone still waiting to hear from Aberdeen, I’m still waiting on economics? Everyone I know seems to have received their offers a while back?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Accepted a conditional offer, but worried about accommodation. Do you think by results day there will still be a chance of getting en suite accommodation?

It depend on if you are willing to go for a private accommodation rather than Aberdeen uni halls. If you want to stay in Hillhead you may have more limited options by august but you might get lucky. Congrats on your offer
Original post by Anonymous #7
Hi, so just to let you know if you're looking at the Hillhead student village that the uni itself runs then we guarantee accommodation for incoming first year students. The deadline for booking for this hasn't been set yet but it's usually sometime in August so in regards to having accommodation you have plenty of time. As for an en suite, I will say that it's one of the more popular options and would be first come first serve. I can't say what the chance will be exactly but it wouldn't be guaranteed. As for other accommodation providers I can't say, but it may be worth getting in contact with Student Roost or Unite Students to see if they have more on an idea on their availability. I hope that helps!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
[This post was in response to someone sharing a facebook group which was not the official offer holder group] Right I would like to flag for anyone in this forum that this is not a legitimate group for applicants and offer holders and this is not an organisation we are affiliated with at the University of Aberdeen. The official group for applicants and offer holders will be sent out to you by ourselves via email but has not been given to anyone yet. We would urge you all to be extremely cautious about sharing your contact or social media details on site and joining any groups like this which are linked for you.

I have reported this comment so it should hopefully be taken down soon but I will state again do not join this group and if you have already leave as soon as possible. Apologies for the seriousness of tone but just want to make sure that no one is joining under false pretences.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 3 weeks ago)
I'm a homeschool student, and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do now I've got an offer from Aberdeen and another university.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone still waiting to hear from Aberdeen, I’m still waiting on economics? Everyone I know seems to have received their offers a while back?

Hi, finally found someone who applied for their economics program. I received my offer yesterday and am absolutely thrilled.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a homeschool student, and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do now I've got an offer from Aberdeen and another university.
Hello, apologies for the delay in replying to you on this and I'll start by saying congratulations on your offer! So it will depend on whether your offers are conditional or unconditional; if the first one then you will need to work towards getting the grades they are asking for ahead of September. I'm not exactly sure how homeschooling works in all cases but I believe you can study at home then take exams with the rest of your cohort at a nearby school if I have that right? If there's anything you're unsure about in terms of next steps or what to do with your offer please give us a message so we can help!
If it's the decision making that you're finding difficult then that is incredible fair as it can feel like a big choice to make and there are a lot of things to bear in mind. Do you want to be close to or far away from home, do you want to be in a big or small city, are there things/places in that city that you're interested in or will be good for any hobbies you have; those sorts of factors should definitely be on your mind as well as the actual courses of each of the universities. It may also be worth getting in touch with us and the other university with any questions you may have.

I hope this has helped a little but if you have anything you want to discuss just let me know!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending