The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Official University of Cumbria Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Cumbria Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Cumbria.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I am applying for Undergraduate Occupational Therapy, I am sending my application off tomorrow. I know the deadline is the end of Jan, but I hope it is not frowned upon to apply so late... end of Dec. Anyway! I am completing a Health Science access course which I will finish end of June. :smile:
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Original post by Alicew199684
Hello! I am applying for Undergraduate Occupational Therapy, I am sending my application off tomorrow. I know the deadline is the end of Jan, but I hope it is not frowned upon to apply so late... end of Dec. Anyway! I am completing a Health Science access course which I will finish end of June. :smile:

Hi Alice! I have also applied to do Occupational Therapy and doing an Health Science access course. I had my interview last week, hopefully good news. I am not confident on how the interview went, but i guess i will just have to wait and see 🙂
Original post by Nathan190914
Hi Alice! I have also applied to do Occupational Therapy and doing an Health Science access course. I had my interview last week, hopefully good news. I am not confident on how the interview went, but i guess i will just have to wait and see 🙂

Hiya! I got in! Fingers crossed for you. Still got my access course to finish and get the grades, I'm close!
Hiya! I got in! Fingers crossed for you. Still got my access course to finish and get the grades, I'm close!

Congratulations! How long did it take for you to hear back saying you got in? I’m getting worried haha!
Congratulations! How long did it take for you to hear back saying you got in? I’m getting worried haha!

They let me know the next day, which I wasn't expecting!!!
Wow! You must of really smashed your interview!
They let me know the next day, which I wasn't expecting!!!

Is it Cumbria in Lancaster or Carlisle? Sorry for all the questions haha!
Is it Cumbria in Lancaster or Carlisle? Sorry for all the questions haha!

That's fine! It is Lancaster
That's fine! It is Lancaster

Mine was last Wednesday morning, so feel like its taking a while! When was yours? I promise this will be the last question :')
Mine was last Wednesday morning, so feel like its taking a while! When was yours? I promise this will be the last question :')

Mine was Wednesday morning as well 10am

But don't worry too much they said to me to expect an answer in 2 weeks so I was shocked it was the next day but you just never know they are probably going through them now
Mine was Wednesday morning as well 10am

Ahhhhh! I’ll just have to see I guess haha!
Reply 13
Hi everyone, I have my interview coming up for Cumbria university. Any tips would be welcomed. Thanks
Original post by RichyV
Hi everyone, I have my interview coming up for Cumbria university. Any tips would be welcomed. Thanks

Hi Richy, what is it you are applying for?
Reply 15
Hi Richy, what is it you are applying for?

Physiotherapy but I imagine all the health care interviews will be similar
Ahhhhh! I’ll just have to see I guess haha!

Did you find out? :smile:

Nope! 😔 I’m hoping this week as it is not half term anymore! 🤞
I got in!! 😊
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Cumbria Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Cumbria.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hello!

I'm applying as a Mature Student for Paramedic Science and I have been offered a place if I get the grades on my Access Course.
I attended an open day back in August and plan on returning for an applicant day in April.
I am very excited to be starting university at an incredible location!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending