The Student Room Group

Official Biomedical Science Applicant Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eeehehheh
i think they usually start giving out offers mid jan or near the deadline for biomed

It depends on when admissions reaches the threshold they need for gathered field.
Original post by wanicetea1
Does Ucl biomed give an offer? Wait for long time.

It could come any time, but is more likely to turn up after mid-February, around early March.
Also, if anyone has any questions, please tag me directly. I don't regularly monitor replies on big threads.
How are people judging their uni options ?
Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh? Some of my friends already had offers for biochem and also chemistry almost a month ago. Assumed biomed would fall under the similar category.
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Also, if anyone has any questions, please tag me directly. I don't regularly monitor replies on big threads.

May I ask which university are you currently at? Also what do you plan on doing with this degree in your future career? Thank you :smile:
has anyone received an offer from warwick
Original post by HKnight682
May I ask which university are you currently at? Also what do you plan on doing with this degree in your future career? Thank you :smile:

For privacy's sake I'm afraid I won't reveal that, thanks for understanding :smile: I'm planning to go into research, maybe even lecturing; the details are still up in the air. However, you can pursue many avenues after a biomed degree; you aren't limited to academia or the NHS (of course, this depends on whether you plan to go down the IBMS route or not).
For privacy's sake I'm afraid I won't reveal that, thanks for understanding :smile: I'm planning to go into research, maybe even lecturing; the details are still up in the air. However, you can pursue many avenues after a biomed degree; you aren't limited to academia or the NHS (of course, this depends on whether you plan to go down the IBMS route or not).

do you not go to kcl?
Original post by 17277282kiosk
do you not go to kcl?

No university details, I'm afraid :smile: If you're referring to me hanging out on the KCL applicant threads, I do that for a couple other threads too, being a Forum Helper and all. If you've received an offer from KCL and would like to connect with others who have as well, I'd recommend perusing the KCL offer holders thread.
No university details, I'm afraid :smile: If you're referring to me hanging out on the KCL applicant threads, I do that for a couple other threads too, being a Forum Helper and all. If you've received an offer from KCL and would like to connect with others who have as well, I'd recommend perusing the KCL offer holders thread.

no just you saying you were planning to firm kcl after your ucl rejection last year lol
no just you saying you were planning to firm kcl after your ucl rejection last year lol

That was the plan, yes. Whether that's what ended up happening I won't say :wink: I hope you managed to get into your university of choice?
Hello, I’m applying to Kent, Greenwich and Canterbury Christ Church for biomedical science Bsc. Still waiting for my college to submit my UCAS application, submitted it to them back on 27th November 🙄 I’m doing access to HE science biology physics and chemistry and so far have distinctions for everything.
Reply 93
Original post by KazStudies
Hello, I’m applying to Kent, Greenwich and Canterbury Christ Church for biomedical science Bsc. Still waiting for my college to submit my UCAS application, submitted it to them back on 27th November 🙄 I’m doing access to HE science biology physics and chemistry and so far have distinctions for everything.

good luck
Reply 94
What universities are better overall out of ( University of Aberdeen or Robert Gordan University) and (University of Dundee or Abertay)? I am aware of IBMS accreditation and what it means but currently, I'd like to go into academia/research so I wouldn't need it but may be nice to do a course that has it in case anything changes, undecided though.
has anyone gotten ucl or imperial yet?
Reply 96
rejection from imperial. still waiting for ucl
Original post by Jack39
rejection from imperial. still waiting for ucl

for medical biosciences?
Reply 98
for medical biosciences?

my bad... wrong thread. I meant for medicine
Reply 99
Original post by HKnight682
Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh? Some of my friends already had offers for biochem and also chemistry almost a month ago. Assumed biomed would fall under the similar category.

Yeah, got an offer in late November, I do qualify for reduced offer tho and my predicted grades were A*AA. Honestly I wasn't expecting anything till January anyways so I wouldn't worry if they haven't got back to you yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending