The Student Room Group

Official Biomedical Science Applicant Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Opsonised
I applied to Kings College London but haven't heard back for them yet. Has anyone applied to them and gotten a response?
Also I'm a bit worried about the lack of IBMS accreditation and there being no placement year. If I do get in, is there anyway I can choose from the modules on offer to fit the criteria for IBMS accreditation so I can avoid top-up modules post graduation?
Lastly, is a four year BSc with placement or 3 year BSc + 1 year MSc better in your opinion?

hi, yeah i got an offer last week so they should be sending out offers about now. good luck with yours!! :smile:
Original post by natalie158393393
hi, yeah i got an offer last week so they should be sending out offers about now. good luck with yours!! :smile:

Congrats. What are your plans for after graduation?
Original post by olivagrace06
just got an offer from edinburgh

congrats just got an offer too
Original post by poppy.j.coates
congrats just got an offer too

omds great!!
Reply 164
Original post by BOJS
Yes, got an offer from New College.

Hi! I am applying for biomedical sciences at oxford this year, may I ask what is your A-level predicted scores and competitions (if any) you participated please? Would you recommend any book/lecture to prepare for the interviews? Thanks!!😀
Original post by jing7
Hi! I am applying for biomedical sciences at oxford this year, may I ask what is your A-level predicted scores and competitions (if any) you participated please? Would you recommend any book/lecture to prepare for the interviews? Thanks!!😀

You don't really need to do competitions, it's the interview which matters the most.
anyone else got kings offer???
I got conditional offers from all my chosen Universities: Surrey, Reading, Manchester Metropolitan, Westminister, and Kings College London.

I'm trying to choose between Westminister and Kings College. Westminister is IBMS accredited but Kings is more prestigious. I want to work in research and I don't really want to work for the NHS but it's something to fall back on if the private sector doesn't work out for me furthermore having to do top-up modules after would be a pain.
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had attended a biology department offer holder day at York? I have a place booked but after I attended a bath offer holder day, I am reconsidering (I didn't get any information not available online or at the open days). Did you get any useful information from the offer holder day and was the practical was interesting? Thanks in advance
Original post by Pwca

Are you applying to study Biomedical Science at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:
Post below with details about your...
Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Random question:
Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.
You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

I've got an unconditional for biomed at glasgow caledonian university! I got AABBB in my highers last year, was just wondering if anyone else has applied to gcu as well? 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending