The Student Room Group

University entry requirements

Hi,
I've been looking at applying to some universities to study physics. My predicted grades are A*, A, A however one of the universities requires A*, A*, A. Would I still stand a chance of being accepted by this university?
Reply 1
Original post by Sam Eggelton
Hi,
I've been looking at applying to some universities to study physics. My predicted grades are A*, A, A however one of the universities requires A*, A*, A. Would I still stand a chance of being accepted by this university?

Hi, I would advise to check the entry requirements of this university and whether they specify that you require 2 A stars/ in specific subjects or whether most offers given are 2 A stars (because sometimes the wording can be a bit confusing). If you're not entirely sure, I would email the university admissions team and ask what their specific entry requirements are/ whether they would accept your grades/ use UCAS tariffs. Normally, they should reply and let you know whether you can apply or not, however if they don't reply in time to submit your application, I personally would assume that the 2 A stars are compulsory and therefore wouldn't apply, (which isn't too bad as your grades are still amazing and there are lots of other universities to apply to).
Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
That’s really helpful, thank you!
Thank you for the kind words too!!
Original post by Sam Eggelton
That’s really helpful, thank you!
Thank you for the kind words too!!

If a university asks for 2 A*s the likelyhood is they will insist on them as they expect to have enough applicants with those grades to fill their places.

You can still apply but should expect a rejection. Make sure at least 1 and preferably 2 are places you are likely to get offers from and avoid more than 2 top London universities as these are over subscribed due to the numbers wanting to study in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending