The Student Room Group

Route to physiotherapy

Calling all physiotherapy students or physiotherapists please!

I’m in the process of applying to uni now as i want to be a physiotherapist, however ive seen there’s a limited amount of universities offering the course and i can’t find much information about which ones are more recommended.
Which unis did you study physiotherapy at and would you recommend the course? And did you study BSc physiotherapy or did you get a different degree that allowed you to be a physio?
I’m struggling to see if there’s other courses i can take that will get me to the same career so just wondering if anyone got there with a different degree thankssssss
Reply 1
I am in Year 13 applying to study physio, there are around 50 unis that offer the course, I would recommend going on open days to see the campus and general facilities ( idk if they are still running now though) you can also look at the university rankings that may guide you to what Uni will be suited for you as they are based on multiple different categories. For me personally I looked at location, employability and graduate prospectus.
Original post by Whittler16
Calling all physiotherapy students or physiotherapists please!

I’m in the process of applying to uni now as i want to be a physiotherapist, however ive seen there’s a limited amount of universities offering the course and i can’t find much information about which ones are more recommended.
Which unis did you study physiotherapy at and would you recommend the course? And did you study BSc physiotherapy or did you get a different degree that allowed you to be a physio?
I’m struggling to see if there’s other courses i can take that will get me to the same career so just wondering if anyone got there with a different degree thankssssss

Use the NHS course finder:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder

Change the first field to Physiotherapy and the third field to Undergraduate.

Just make sure a course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
Original post by normaw
Use the NHS course finder:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder

Change the first field to Physiotherapy and the third field to Undergraduate.

Just make sure a course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).

Hiya im also in year 13, applying to physio and am wondering if there is a difference if I do the bsc (3years) or the integrated 4year masters physio (like at Birmingham or Plymouth?) Is it better to do the masters - job wise? and would I have to do a masters for an additonal 2years after if I did the bsc physio course? How does it work?
Original post by student1708123
Hiya im also in year 13, applying to physio and am wondering if there is a difference if I do the bsc (3years) or the integrated 4year masters physio (like at Birmingham or Plymouth?) Is it better to do the masters - job wise? and would I have to do a masters for an additonal 2years after if I did the bsc physio course? How does it work?

I've replied to your question on your other thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending