The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for Occupational Therapy for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI
Reply 1
anyone else had an offer for liverpool??
Original post by charlo33ee
anyone else had an offer for liverpool??

Yes, I have. Did you have to do the group interview online? 😊
Reply 3
I have a place for Liverpool starting September. I’m currently doing the foundation year 😊
Original post by Loach’s
I have a place for Liverpool starting September. I’m currently doing the foundation year 😊

How are you finding the foundation year? I didn’t know that they did that. I have an offer foor Liverpool but it’s a bit far and I want to stay closer to home.
Reply 5
Original post by Ygreenbeans
How are you finding the foundation year? I didn’t know that they did that. I have an offer foor Liverpool but it’s a bit far and I want to stay closer to home.

The foundation year is really intense but I’m enjoying it. The other people in my year are doing other degrees physio etc im the only one doing occupational therapy so trying to find other people who are starting Liverpool in September. Where else have you applied for?
Original post by Loach’s
The foundation year is really intense but I’m enjoying it. The other people in my year are doing other degrees physio etc im the only one doing occupational therapy so trying to find other people who are starting Liverpool in September. Where else have you applied for?

Cardiff, Sheffield H and Derby.

Is the foundation year for healthcare courses, not OT in particular?
Reply 7
Original post by Loach’s

Hi Loach, Congratulations!

May I know more about the foundation year, how many students in the class? Did all the students go strict in UoL? if not, what’s the percentage for the successors?
Reply 8
Anyone studying OT at UEA, Cardiff or Coventry? Tell me what it's like please.
Reply 9
Original post by Ygreenbeans
Cardiff, Sheffield H and Derby.

Is the foundation year for healthcare courses, not OT in particular?

Yeah the foundation year is for different allied health professions with guaranteed progression onto year 1 if you pass. Other people in my year are going on to do physiotherapy, nursing and radiography. Good luck with your decision!
Reply 10
Original post by WLotus
Hi Loach, Congratulations!

May I know more about the foundation year, how many students in the class? Did all the students go strict in UoL? if not, what’s the percentage for the successors?

Hi, there are 13 of us in my class all doing different allied health courses I’m the only one doing occupational therapy. You need to get 60% over all on the foundation year to progress into year 1, but it’s guaranteed progression if you do. Hope that helps.
Student Finance England is opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:
Has anyone applied for OT Msc at St. George’s?
Reply 13
Has anybody here applied for OT as an apprenticeship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending