The Student Room Group

PAGs - does it matter if I fail 1?

I've currently done 3 PAGS in chemistry so far (yr 12), and I think I've completely failed. It was a titration, and I didn't get a single titration for it, so I had no data. My teacher asked today for my rough work (whatever that means) and I didn't have any because my practical endeed up failing (standard solution too dilute, didn't fill burrette enough, ran out of time). Due to this, I'm going to lose a lot of marks.

Is this a problem for me? Today, I did do another titration and it worked out well (2 concordant results), so does this mean my failures from the other practical won't matter?

Also, what is our rough work meant to be? I did my analysis on my computer, and my teacher wasn't happy about not having rough work, but I have no idea what this entails.
Original post by me143
I've currently done 3 PAGS in chemistry so far (yr 12), and I think I've completely failed. It was a titration, and I didn't get a single titration for it, so I had no data. My teacher asked today for my rough work (whatever that means) and I didn't have any because my practical endeed up failing (standard solution too dilute, didn't fill burrette enough, ran out of time). Due to this, I'm going to lose a lot of marks.

Is this a problem for me? Today, I did do another titration and it worked out well (2 concordant results), so does this mean my failures from the other practical won't matter?

Also, what is our rough work meant to be? I did my analysis on my computer, and my teacher wasn't happy about not having rough work, but I have no idea what this entails.

Which exam board is it?
I think rough work is just writing down your results as you get them, like the stuff you write down during the experiment
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
Which exam board is it?
I think rough work is just writing down your results as you get them, like the stuff you write down during the experiment

Aqa and thanks I was getting confused on the rough work bit

Quick Reply

Latest