The Student Room Group

I got a c in my biology mock and i am in yr13

I revisied soo hard and i went through every topic,I understtod everything.I have never gotten a C.I mostly get A@s and sometimes Bs.I do not suffer from anxiety so its not anxiety .I did exam questions,I thought the exam was easy until i left and got a c .The grade boundaries are very low.I am in yr13 and my exam is very soon .I dont know what to do?????
Look where you went wrong. I got an a* in biology. The key points are with biology is learning key terms in mark schemes and reading through examiners reports too. And doing as many past papers from like 2001 onwards.
Reply 2
I do that , but it doesnt really work.Do you have an key tips to get me that A
Like the other person said Biology is all markschemes, I had a similar situation I got a B in my most recent biology mock after knowing all of the content in and out , but I didn't do past papers. I put exact definitions I learned in lesson yet got questions wrong because they were worded differently in markschemes. Literally, learn markschemes, PAG questions especially they're annoying
Reply 4
what does PAG stand for
Don't worry, I got a C in my mocks too but I came out with an A in my actual exams. Sometimes it may be that the questions in your mocks are a different style/harder than the questions in your real exams so I wouldn't worry too much. Try and target the topics you didn't do so well in in your mocks and after you've learned all the content, make sure you expose yourself to as many practise qs as possible and revise the mark schemes. There's still more than enough time. You've got this :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
what does PAG stand for
Just the Practicals and stuff, there's often lots of questions around the practicals and you can familiarise your self with these by just looking at past papers, they often have similar answers
Reply 7
Original post by icarusadore
Don't worry, I got a C in my mocks too but I came out with an A in my actual exams. Sometimes it may be that the questions in your mocks are a different style/harder than the questions in your real exams so I wouldn't worry too much. Try and target the topics you didn't do so well in in your mocks and after you've learned all the content, make sure you expose yourself to as many practise qs as possible and revise the mark schemes. There's still more than enough time. You've got this :smile:
thank you!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending